Nice meeting you all! - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"It is the working/show or show lines that you are more than likely to have and issue. Domestically as well as Imports."

then - why do it .

" Outright crossing or (interracial breeding) has produced bad results. The more common result of this breeding is a dog that is too aggressive and or afraid of its own shadow not to mention various conformation and structure problems. "

then - why do it ?

pulling my own quote "I am always sceptical and suspicious of "special" secretive information " if something is good it should stand scrutiny. The GSD is one of the most documented breeds. Information was and is handed out in the von Stephanitz book, the Malcolm Willis books , Brian Wooton, Elliot , Barwig, Lanting , Werner Dalm - countless GSD Reviews, magazines Das Schaferhund Magazin, Schutzhund USA, SV magazines , and I include forums where there is discussion, analysis and critique . There certainly is no dearth of information.

"They are GSD's with great conformation (Show looks) and have a little more drive and stronger nerve than the typical West German show line GSD."

once again - then why do it?

the associate kennels that you list on your web site are hobby breeders specializing in show and showing . There is no mention of providing dogs for service , nor a link to your organization on their web sites . ??

On your web site you said that you produce 90% of the Service Dogs that you place . That is either a ton of dogs to meet the demand , or a minimal number of dogs trained for service . So in a way then donations fund the breeding program?

can you explain what you meant by this? " The other disciplines are really not… like Police K9, I would not be going to that extreme especially these days with the more common temperaments out there. Not only that it is really unfair and overworking/stressing a good majority of dogs."

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Crowned Member

hey count me in on this "If you do not understand what I am talking about"

NO it is NOT " An interracial breeding is breeding a GSD from a solid show line to a GSD from a solid working line. "

-count me in on this "But it seems you are looking for clear answers" "that I am not willing to provide"

Success .

Wink-Wink check in to Sterling Main Some programs state the costs involved in the selection, training and placement of each service dog are in excess of $18,000. We have been able to reduce our costs to nearly half that amount, without sacrificing quality, through heavy reliance on volunteer labor, in kind contributions and discounted services, which makes the donations we receive go much further.
We do not charge the disabled person for a service dog, other than a small application fee I have provided for them , worked with their manual of requirements in prep for sending the dog . The exercises were not drill like - Sterling Service Dogs > Articles > Assistance Dogs Tasks

Chances are that maybe the dog you selected will not work out for you . As far as I know there is a policy that the working service dog be the one dog in a one dog household.
If Sterling does not work out for you I can recommend another organization.

Carmspack
Old 01-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Then stop obfuscating and write it once clearly.

"If you do not understand what I am talking about, I am sorry, I do not have time to write it all down and explain it to you"

Carmspack
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post

On your web site you said that you produce 90% of the Service Dogs that you place . That is either a ton of dogs to meet the demand , or a minimal number of dogs trained for service . So in a way then donations fund the breeding program?
I am NOT a large org nor am I a huge commercial breeder. So in a sense I guess you could say I am a "hobby" breeder myself. Why does the fact that they are “hobby breeders” need to be emphasized? I know a lot of “hobby breeders” that are 10X more ethical than a lot of commercial breeders. What’s your point?
The donations fund the expenses associated with training a service dog at no cost for disabled people who cannot afford it. It does NOT fund my breeding program and I am offended that you even suggested it. I produce 4-5 Service Dogs a year at this time.
I am not here to be scrutinized. If I thought this forum was about scrutiny. I would have passed up on signing on. I have more important things to do with my time then answer a bunch of questions, defend positions and correct statements taken out of context.
SFGSSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
NO it is NOT " An interracial breeding is breeding a GSD from a solid show line to a GSD from a solid working line. "

You never heard the term "interracial breeding" before?
Or "NO IT IS NOT CALLED THAT" ok then, what term do you use when you breed a Werst German Show Line GSD with a East German Working Line GSD? Obviously you and your buddy have much more experience than I do

This was a simple introduction forum? Geez I can't wait to post in other areas
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #46 (permalink)

I think alot of the questioning is to be expected, there are to many "claims' of service dog trainers when in fact they are , frankly a bunch of crooks. (certainly not saying you are

When one is a breeder and keeps their lines "top secret" that can be a red flag to some as well.

Just throwing that out there

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #47 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Enough with the Snarky back and forth!!!

Questions about training, SD legal status, and blood-lines are legitimate and to the point. OP may choose to answer or to ignore.

Furrther discussions should be started in the appropriate forums (breeding/bloodlines/training/Service Dogs).

Thank you,

ADMIN

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
I think alot of the questioning is to be expected, there are to many "claims' of service dog trainers when in fact they are , frankly a bunch of crooks. (certainly not saying you are

When one is a breeder and keeps their lines "top secret" that can be a red flag to some as well.

Just throwing that out there
There are a lot of crooks out there. You are right. In most states you don't need anything to be a "Service Dog trainer" and that is sad. I am licensed in the State of MA and am affiliated with another Service Dog org, Service Dogs of Florida I am accountable for the Service Dogs I train. I don’t mind those questions, they are good questions. That is not what annoyed me, what was annoying was basically demanding to know the details of a breeding program outside of what is published. What I aspire to do with my breeding program is not complete and therefore why should I talk about something that is NOT COMPLETE yet. While I feel I am going in the right direction, I am NOT making a claim that I have succeeded... only that I am trying at this point. When they pushed, I felt as though they were asking for a design schematic before it was complete and hit the newsstands.
So to be clear: My breeding program is a work in progress, it is not complete, nor do I wish to speak about it in detail BEFORE it is complete publicly.
I also felt this was just a thread for a simple introduction not to get into complex genetics and thought processes on dog breeding. I believe there is a place on here for that.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGSSD View Post
Some other States like California Certify as well as license for Hearing and Guide Dog trainers.
That's great! Can you send me a link so I could look into that more. I'd be very interested in learning what it's all about.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) – Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

A simple google search yields...

Become a Certified Service Dog Trainer: Certification and Career Roadmap
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.