German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   hey hey from Toronto!!! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/195851-hey-hey-toronto.html)

pyroman611 12-06-2012 07:55 PM

hey hey from Toronto!!!

hey guys,

my names Neil. and this seems like the best place for my GSD research.

im looking to get one in the spring time as i would finish school and have more time to train him and all.

im looking to get a pure white German shepherd. so im pretty excited and this would be my first pet/dog.

im mainly here to learn the most i can to treat my pup the best and train him properly. so any advice from you gurus would be awesome for a first time owner.

look forward to meeting new people and learning a lot.

Shade 12-06-2012 08:12 PM

Welcome from Ottawa :) I don't know of any WGSD breeders nearby but maybe there's someone else who can point you to a good breeder. :)

What are your plans for the pup? Are you planning on doing any work with them: Schutzhund, Flyball, Agility, Tracking, Rally O, etc?

FrankieC 12-06-2012 08:13 PM

Welcome fellow Toronto dude! I am in the west end (Etobicoke)

Cheers!

elisabeth_00117 12-06-2012 08:23 PM

Welcome from Kitchener!

pyroman611 12-06-2012 08:29 PM

hey guys!
should have mentioned im from the east! (markham) lol

my main plan for my WGSD is family pet. but becasue i have seen alot of dog owners with dogs that arent trained well and go crazy when people around. i plan on training my dog for Schutzhund. even though i can not enter it being a white gsd but i would really like my dog to be trained well and also to play sports with. :)

Quinnsmom 12-06-2012 09:17 PM

:welcome: from Thornhill. Elizabeth_00117 from Kitchener does Schutzhund and can fill you in on local clubs.

Whiteshepherds 12-06-2012 09:39 PM

White Shepherd Club of Canada might be able to help you out. (didn't see any listed in Toronto though)

WSCC White Shepherd Club of Canada

elisabeth_00117 12-06-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinnsmom (Post 2649200)
:welcome: from Thornhill. Elizabeth_00117 from Kitchener does Schutzhund and can fill you in on local clubs.

Yes, I train in schutzhund.

We have a club right now in KW, brand new (about 2 years old) and not yet registered with the GSSCC but are hoping to hold our first sanction trial (a part of the process of becoming registered with the GSSCC) this coming spring/summer. :)

We are about 10 members as of right now (want to stay small at this point) but always have inquiries about membership and people coming out to visit.

If you are interested in more just send me a PM, I can also send you to some AMAZING clubs closer to you - one recommendation would be to check out the Scarborough club. Amazing helper and TD's there plus the members are so helpful and welcoming.

UnlimitedGSD 12-06-2012 10:54 PM

Any dog can train in SchH and enter trials - GSDs of ANY colour, and any other breed on the planet

pyroman611 12-07-2012 01:42 AM

oh wow really?? i thought only the normal (black,tan,red) GSD's could compete. as white supposedly is a disqualification on german shepherd standard. but thats amazing to hear, just made my night. even more excited to receive my GSD now

and thanks elisabeth ill pm you shortly.