German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Hello from Atlanta, GA! My new rescue! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/195839-hello-atlanta-ga-my-new-rescue.html)

Stroid 12-06-2012 04:03 PM

Hello from Atlanta, GA! My new rescue!

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just wanted to drop by and share my new rescue puppy that I adopted from Canine Pet Rescue in Dacula, GA. If your looking for a rescue GSD they are a great place to reach out to.

I went in mind to get a pure GSD but fell in love with what we believe is a GSD/Malinois mix his energy is intense with strong focus when training and is very athletic. From my research and speaking with a few malinois owners he seems to definitely be a mix of both. What do you guys think? He is roughly 50 lbs but still has lots of saggy skin to grow into :) I don't expect him to be huge or anything but he is quite powerful. Super intelligent and quite protective of me already.

Jake is his name :D ... a few pics are professionally taken which makes him appear a bit different then my cell phone pics. The lab is my roommates dog Xena...mainly a lab mix (with something else).

Bear GSD 12-06-2012 04:07 PM

Welcome to you and Jake!
He sure is a handsome guy, thanks for rescuing him :)

Stroid 12-06-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear GSD (Post 2648988)
Welcome to you and Jake!
He sure is a handsome guy, thanks for rescuing him :)

Thanks Bear I look forward to learning lots from this community!

Bear GSD 12-06-2012 04:17 PM

How old did they think Jake was, he still looks young?

BowWowMeow 12-06-2012 04:21 PM

He's a good looking dog! I can see why they'd say mali x gsd given his coat and his build. I've got one who is definitely either part of full mali and I love him so much that I'm looking into fostering and eventually adopting another!

Stroid 12-06-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear GSD (Post 2649000)
How old did they think Jake was, he still looks young?

He was found wandering the streets a couple took him in to the rescue and they suspected a 1-2 years old but he looks younger to me and has so much skin especially on his neck area...I am going to have his age re-evaluated with his first vet visit. (he came fully vetted from the rescue)

gagsd 12-06-2012 04:23 PM

Welcome!

Stroid 12-06-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowWowMeow (Post 2649010)
He's a good looking dog! I can see why they'd say mali x gsd given his coat and his build. I've got one who is definitely either part of full mali and I love him so much that I'm looking into fostering and eventually adopting another!

BowWowMeow to bad your not closer to GA one organization im involved with has a pure mal female that needs a good home. She looks just like my jake too except darker muzzle.

BowWowMeow 12-06-2012 04:43 PM

AMBC Rescue has tons of dogs who need fosters and forever homes. I'm not in a position to help just yet but I will as soon as I can. I've also got cats so I need just the right fit!