Hi everyone from New Zealand! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
She's a beautiful girl! Bless you for taking her on and loving the clicker training! Make sure you are making it fun fun fun to set her up to succeed. Lots of times these smart dogs learn so fast we push a bit harder than we should and suck the fun (and eagerness for learning) completely by accident.

It's as important to train as have fun and really work on 'engagement' type stuff. Will she tug and play with you?

click this --> Engagement - Key to Training

Alot of time it takes a few weeks to a month to have a new dogs real personality come out. Testing the waters with such a huge life change takes a bit of time for everyone. So she may end up with tons of energy or be a nice calm pup in the end!

Have you been able to locate a good set of classes in your area? Perfect age for her to start off and so fun to learn with other people and their dogs (and show how much smarter our GSD's are )

Thank you Maggie

I'll be going out to buy her a tug rope next week, a bit strapped for cash since getting her lol. She does how ever play tug with my 7 yo son with a squeeky toy but she will not play this with me and DH

We have started taking her down to the local schutzhund club, tonight will be our 2nd night. They are awesome people who are helping us out No classes as such yet as they run through school terms and school is ending

I probably was asking too much of her so I've toned her training down a lot till we all settle in
GSDSadie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly View Post
Where does she sleep at night? Have you tried to put her in a crate?
She's a beautiful girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
She sleeps outside in a kennel and run (right outside our bedroom window). She did brilliant last night, no crying, no barking and was very happy to see us in the morning
GSDSadie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.