New dog, new member. - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

everything okay???
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

i wish we'd get an update on lobo. so often, when it comes to rescue, no news is not good news. serously hoping that's not so in this case.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Actually no news is becuase we have been crazy busy as Lobo has been getting alot of attention. We have him attending training and hes a quick learner when he wants to be. The trainer says he may be the most stuborn dog he has ever worked with. Besides that hes great. We had friends from out of town stay with us last weekend with their dog, and Lobo and the other dog were fine together. He has been good around the cats so we have allowed him first in the house with the cats out on leash, leash tied to one of us. then free in the house draging the leash when we are around. Now he is quietly sleeping off leash under my chair. He still gets put in the bedroom when we are gone. Yesterday we both got stuck and couldnt make it home and Lobo was locked in the bedroom for 14 hours. I was sure when we made it home that he would have gone in the house or chewed something up and how could I blame him. I was wrong he didnt do either, didnt even look like he had been on the bed, he was just happy to see me. Today was another big day for Lobo, we took him to the dog park. We have taken him before late at night when there were no other people or dogs there, but this time it was a busy saturday morning. We put a muzzle on him just incase and took him into the park he was very happy to smell and be smelled by all the other dogs. A few minutes later we trusted hm enough to loose the muzzle and let him off leash. He spent the next 30-40 minutes exploring every inch of that park and sniffing every dog and trying to find someone to play with. It was pretty exhausting for him so I think in the future his play time will be limited at least untill after the heatworms are treated. All in all we couldnt be happier, who would give up such a wonderfull animal. Hes great and he definatly has himself a forever home.

Last edited by lobo-tomy; 12-08-2012 at 04:26 PM.
lobo-tomy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

oh thank you for the update, that's GREAT to hear! oh i am a worrier and a bit afraid of dog parks, but it sounds like you're really on top of things and are always watching. i had a wonderful rescue boy named shep, whose owner found a new man who didn't like him and so she dropped him off at the pound and walked away (according to animal control). i wondered too how someone could do such a thing to such a totally wonderful dog. i could see him looking for her for a bit, but then he decided he had a pretty good new thing going and was a wonderful, devoted pack member until i lost him to hemangiosarcoma three years later (way too soon, believe me). i'm so glad this all worked out for you and especially for lobo. thanks again for the update!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Glad to hear that Lobo is doing so well! Thanks again for giving him such a great home.

You do need to be very careful that he not exert himself until the heartworms are treated. It really is a dangerous situation.

This is a great blog that Jean from BDBH did about her heartworm positive dog and her treatment: Big Dogs, Big Heartworm

Jean is also on this board.

Rafi the malaroo
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/693238
Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
BowWowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This was such a great thread to read. So much positive from all sides.

http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks giving was lobos one year anniversary of owning us. We had a busy year, bought and gutted and rebuilt 2 houses and planned a wedding and he was involvedin it all. Lobo was treated for his hw and took the treatment very well. He's a happy and healthy 96 lbs, although he could stand to loose one or two. He has had free range of the house since around our last post and besides a sock a 3 lufuas has been good in the house. Him and the cats have had no problems even in the yard he pays them no attention. He did manage to sneak his way into our bed so now we have a king size. He is very smart and when I put in the time he learns quickly, his on leash obedience is incredible his off leash...... Well I guess we can work on it some more. We are now considering getting him a little brother, maybe after Christmas, He's a great puppy and we love him dearly and could not be happier with him.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

And a photo
Attached Thumbnails
New dog, new member.-image.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.