Hello from NC! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello from NC!

Today is my first time I have ventured on this page. I had a beautiful black GSD, who after a divorce I let go with my ex so I didn't split the two babies up, she was a doxie). My GSD came from a breeder in NY who unfortunately is no longer in business, but it's taken me 6 years to be comfortable with the idea of getting a new GSD. I currently own 2 Golden Retrievers (The older one is in my profile pic and is now 7, her sister is 5-a sweet "rescue"). I currently work in health care and have permission to get a pup to be our depts therapy dog. Although my goldens are amazing and well behaved, I would rather start the therapy dog training from a puppy. I'm curious if anyone has any suggested breeders in the Charlotte, NC area. I'll drive up to 3ish hours to find a breeder, otherwise it's a challenge with a new baby in the car.

Thanks for being here for advice!
Nikisconfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi
Today is my first day as well. I joined the group to learn more about GSD. My baby is 10 months old and my only child I just adore him. Max is wonderful and has lived with me since April when he flew here from Germany and left his Mom and Dad and family.
Itsmaxsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't have any breeder suggestions, but I'm in NC and spend a lot of time in the Charlotte area. Welcome!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisconfuzed View Post
Today is my first time I have ventured on this page. I had a beautiful black GSD, who after a divorce I let go with my ex so I didn't split the two babies up, she was a doxie). My GSD came from a breeder in NY who unfortunately is no longer in business, but it's taken me 6 years to be comfortable with the idea of getting a new GSD. I currently own 2 Golden Retrievers (The older one is in my profile pic and is now 7, her sister is 5-a sweet "rescue"). I currently work in health care and have permission to get a pup to be our depts therapy dog. Although my goldens are amazing and well behaved, I would rather start the therapy dog training from a puppy. I'm curious if anyone has any suggested breeders in the Charlotte, NC area. I'll drive up to 3ish hours to find a breeder, otherwise it's a challenge with a new baby in the car.

Thanks for being here for advice!
Von Falkhein Breeders hands down (AK9) German Shepherd Breeder German Shepherd Puppies
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default NC breeders

Hey NC,
I am in Belmont - just west of Charlotte. I have a couple of suggestions for you. There is K9 pines in Saluda (about 2 hours from Clt) and there is a dog trainer and breeder in Lincolnton (about 1 hour from Clt). I know the breeder/trainer has some beautiful dogs and is very well respected. The placew I get all of my food from recommeded me to him if I wanted training. Hope that helps.
mjsatterthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hello and Welcome, I cannot see any pic
We love pics on here if you would like to share with us, and when you get that new furbaby home you can share him or her with us too.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

do you, by any chance, have the name of the breeder in Lincolnton? I found one in Hickory, but am still searching!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks everybody for your help! We found a new baby that will be ready the week before Christmas!Everyone, meet my little Moya She's a docile little thing that got along with her 2 big sisters right away

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.