My new dog is on his way from Germany! - Page 16 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #151 (permalink)

So let me get this straight.

I post a dog that I am interested in purchasing but no one is interested in helping me because I don't know enough about GSD's, and when I do decide to purchase I get criticized because people think that I paid too much when in reality no one knows what i paid for him; but that doesn't matter because his training is less than perfect and I could find a MUCH better bred or quality of dog in the states. But when I post his bloodlines because yes (i admit I am not knowledgable on them) no one can tell me anything about them, and when someone who KNOWS bloodlines finally decides to comment there is nothing negative to say about the dog and his lines.

I get him, bring him home... He's great! Listens.. .Is good with my son.. and with my other dog. But wait? Still not good enough? How dare I take a picture of the new dog with our dog or our child. God forbid we like the dog enough to take a picture... he might rip one of our faces off... You're kidding right? Get real. (I would never put together a dog that didn't get along, the dog posted in the picture is extremely submissive and they enjoyed playing together). Chui is now separated and has been from the get go, I was just asking advice.

I try and take advice from some of you but there is a point to where it just gets ridiculous and no matter what I say there is someone who want's to dissect it. I can't even post a picture without getting ridiculed. If I knew how to delete them I would.

I will let you know if anyone's face get's ripped off.

CHEERS.

Last edited by KLZ86; 11-22-2012 at 02:11 AM.
KLZ86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #152 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Don't feel bad, Jane. I actually thought I was the only one noticing the similarities. It reminds me of all those triumphant returns sable made over the years.
Lucy Dog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZ86 View Post

I post a dog that I am interested in purchasing but no one is interested in helping me because I don't know enough about GSD's, and when I do decide to purchase I get criticized because people think that I paid too much when in reality no one knows what i paid for him; but that doesn't matter because his training is less than perfect and I could find a MUCH better bred or quality of dog in the states. But when I post his bloodlines because yes (i admit I am not knowledgable on them) no one can tell me anything about them, and when someone who KNOWS bloodlines finally decides to comment there is nothing negative to say about the dog and his lines.

I get him, bring him home... He's great! Listens.. .Is good with my son.. and with my other dog. But wait? Still not good enough? How dare I take a picture of the new dog with our dog or our child. God forbid we like the dog enough to take a picture... he might rip one of our faces off... You're kidding right? Get real. (I would never put together a dog that didn't get along, the dog posted in the picture is extremely submissive and they enjoyed playing together). Chui is now separated and has been from the get go, I was just asking advice.

I try and take advice from some of you but there is a point to where it just gets ridiculous and no matter what I say there is someone who want's to dissect it. I can't even post a picture without getting ridiculed. If I knew how to delete them I would.

I will let you know if anyone's face get's ripped off.

CHEERS.

Thank you (about the face ripped off notice)!

And you do have a way about your post to help insure repeated help next time that you post and ASK for advice!
codmaster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #154 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I post a dog that I am interested in purchasing ............

I think I (and maybe a few others) might have misunderstood exactly what you were looking for in your posts - First post I thought indicated that "My new dog is on his way from Germany! " but the one above said that "I am interested in purchasing ...."

So I was confused???????????? How did your dog start "coming" even though you were just "interested in purchasing one".

That might have influenced a few respondents, you think?

Anyway, enjoy your dog!
codmaster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #155 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
I think I (and maybe a few others) might have misunderstood exactly what you were looking for in your posts - First post I thought indicated that "My new dog is on his way from Germany! " but the one above said that "I am interested in purchasing ...."

So I was confused???????????? How did your dog start "coming" even though you were just "interested in purchasing one".

That might have influenced a few respondents, you think?

Anyway, enjoy your dog!
Now I'm confused Are you aware or was anyone else aware that there were two different threads, pretty close together, but still two different threads? The OP originally asked for opinions about a certain breeder, then very shortly after that made the decision to get the dog that is in the 2nd thread??
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #156 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Once again the dog looks to be a stable dog with no red flags . There is however a huge and unrealistic expectation on behalf of the OP .
This exactly, and another thing Carmen said, ongoing training and support.

I can tell you takes mere weeks to undo the training that has been done with a dog, if you're not working directly with the person who trained the dog.

That's one reason sending your dog away to a training place is not useful, sure, the dog learns things but if you aren't consistent and don't copy that training, that training is next to worthless.

Quote:
I post a dog that I am interested in purchasing but no one is interested in helping me because I don't know enough about GSD's,
I, too, find this strange and confusing. If you had told us you hadn't purchased the dog yet, we'd have showed you many dogs that could fit the bill, so to speak, without you having to buy from overseas.
In fact, (if I remember correctly) some folks even said to see if you could cancel the sale and invest in a breeder local to you.
If the sale was not final, why didn't you consider doing that?
As cod said, the title of the thread implied it was a done deal and the dog was being shipped as we typed.

Last edited by msvette2u; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
msvette2u is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #157 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
This exactly, and another thing Carmen said, ongoing training and support.

I can tell you takes mere weeks to undo the training that has been done with a dog, if you're not working directly with the person who trained the dog.

That's one reason sending your dog away to a training place is not useful, sure, the dog learns things but if you aren't consistent and don't copy that training, that training is next to worthless.

I, too, find this strange and confusing. If you had told us you hadn't purchased the dog yet, we'd have showed you many dogs that could fit the bill, so to speak, without you having to buy from overseas.
In fact, (if I remember correctly) some folks even said to see if you could cancel the sale and invest in a breeder local to you.
If the sale was not final, why didn't you consider doing that?
As cod said, the title of the thread implied it was a done deal and the dog was being shipped as we typed.
The OP was referring to another thread where they were looking at some dogs.
robk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #158 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
when someone who KNOWS bloodlines finally decides to comment there is nothing negative to say about the dog and his lines.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with the DOG.

Quote:
I get him, bring him home... He's great! Listens.. .Is good with my son.. and with my other dog. But wait? Still not good enough? How dare I take a picture of the new dog with our dog or our child. God forbid we like the dog enough to take a picture... he might rip one of our faces off... You're kidding right? Get real.
You might take your own advice to "get real"... right now, you are imagining a fantasy world where the new dog is and will always be Lassie. Yes, the dog listens well, reacts appropriately to your son and your other dogs, etc. There's nothing wrong with the DOG, he sounds like a solid boy with a stable temperament. It's just that you're setting him up for failure the way you just threw him into the household and allowed your Chihuahua to attack him, then expected him to gently but firmly "correct" the offending critter. Thankfully he did not. The new dog is on his best behavior right now, so you're not apt to see his whole personality come out for a few weeks. He may become less tolerant of the yapping attacks of the Chihuahua, reach his limit, and one good bite and shake and it's all over. We are trying to help you prevent that from happening!

Quote:
I try and take advice from some of you but there is a point to where it just gets ridiculous and no matter what I say there is someone who want's to dissect it.
Since it is Thanksgiving, you could be thankful for the time that people have spent "dissecting" things out of concern for you, your family, and your new dog. If you don't want advice, why are you asking?

Read again about the "two week shutdown", and why it is important. We're trying to help you successfully integrate your new member of the family. Remember, a number of us have seen things happen before, or even experienced them ourselves... this aint our first rodeo. You can poo-pooh our advice if you like, and maybe you'll get lucky, but what we're saying is that you can make things a lot safer, smoother, and easier if you want to.

He sounds like a great dog, please do him justice.
Freestep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #159 (permalink)

You know what, people.

I am truly ASHAMED of being part of this board.

This person posts an innocent remark about hoping his GSD would correct his Chi and you all go postal on him. You tell him what he SHOULD have done - how is that helpful?

This person mentions getting a dog for personal protection and NO-ONE takes a few second to ask if he means the dog will ACTIVELY confront an intruder or attacker or if he just means the dog will be a deterrent. You ASSUME means meant the former and rip him up for spending money on a "green" dog.

I no longer wonder why people leave the board.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #160 (permalink)
Elite Member

KLZ you just need to put the emotions aside and read what others are saying. People have seen and been through a lot with gsd's here. They know what happens when things go wrong. They have seen some ugly things you just gota not be emotional and listen to what they are saying specially with your dog to dog issue.

Your dog is good and submissive now but there will be a time when he doesn't want to be or he will get fed up. You need advice of people here at least just to be prepared for such things. You have a strong high drive dog.

Also It is good to seek training advice guidence since you do not have experience with gsds trained in protection and also you may want to further train him in protection or work him. You should not leave the forum just because of being emotional. Your dog should be more important to you then a few hurt feelings. You think every one of us here has not been or felt insulted one time or another???? of course we have. YOu just need to get a thick skin and take things down and start doing things right so it works out really good with the new dog.

I think KLz shes just confused excited but doesnt know how serious things can turn and has lil experience but i think with guidence from the board she could get a lot of help hopefully she stays.

Last edited by pets4life; 11-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.
pets4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.