Worried about new pup - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotasMommy View Post
Hahaha, Sue, yes today I know it was a high pitched IPE
HOW high?! HOW high!? Haha, just kidding.
SofaBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #82 (permalink)

@sue, hahaha Start practicing now! hahaha
KotasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #83 (permalink)

When I first brought Gabriele home, I thought I had brought a parana home! She finally outgrew that stage and is a delight to be around now.
Owned by Bridgette-RIP 05/93-09/10, Jasmine-01/96-5/06/09, Dakotah-R.I.P 14/12/05, Joshua-R.I.P 31/10/12, Sabrina-1/07/01-26/11/13, Shane 11/09/01-08/22/14, Samantha-R.I.P 07/12/14, Amber, Jody, Wendy, Gabriele-01/23/12-12/21/13, Kimi, and Jakob.
lostangl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
Many vets don't understand GSD anatomy and say the silliest things.
Amen on that!

Just take it easy a little Kota's Mom. You're going to worry yourself into a state. I looked up Kota's dad, and he's purely a West German Show Line dog. In fact, some of the dogs in his pedigree are in Ranger's as well.

And Ranger was pretty loose in the rear and pretty cow-hocked as a little pup. It's just not uncommon in WGSL dogs.

Plus, now that you know what 'cow-hocked' means, watch Scooby-Doo sometime.

Oh, and, by the way, his ears will probably fall when he starts teething. And that'll be fine too.
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #85 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Here is a quick read about the importance of natural enzymes (re: development)

Enzymes And Your Dog
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #86 (permalink)

Gator...

I dunno... I'm afraid I'd have to look a little askance on that particular article.

In the first place, the author seems to not know the difference between finite and infinite:

Quote:
The body can’t produce a finite supply of digestive enzymes – like a bank account, if you continuously make withdrawals without depositing money, you will soon be broke.
The argument the author is making is that the body cannot produce an infinite supply of digestive enzymes. Which, of course, it can. Because take it from someone who unfortunately knows a whole lot more about pancreatic functions than I'd care to, the fact is that the main job of the pancreas is indeed to produce an infinite supply of digestive enzymes. It never runs out, and as long as it remains healthy, it can always make more. It has other functions, but that is its main one.

So is the author really suggesting that any prey animal is going to spend part of its own metabolism creating enzymes to help a predator digest it?

Offhand, I'd say that makes very little evolutionary sense.
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #87 (permalink)

Kota has turned into a running, jumping, playing, happy machine!! He has had me cracking up all day!! DEF have to get a bunch of rugs for downstairs!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #88 (permalink)

Hello, all. Quick update: The IPE totally still works Sooo happy about that one Kota is doing very well. Gaining weight, confidence, and curiousness lol. So far, Kota knows SIT, COME, DOWN, OFF, UP, and DROP, ....and sometimes ROLLOVER My husband and I have even noticed his hind legs are looking better. Kota has become SO rambunctious! Also, like I've said from the beginning, he is my shadow, but now, Kota likes to jump up on Mommas lap.....sometimes to use me as a chew toy, hahaha, and sometimes for a belly rub, sometimes just to cuddle We haven't taken him on any long walks yet, but he loves to play in the yard and upstairs ( where it has carpet!) He is also showing us just how strong he is!! He def is a land shark right now, so its been a lot of redirecting, but he usually doesn't put up an argument and we can always take whatever it is right out of his mouth He has grumbled a few times at the kids, but nothing serious. I do have one question though, Kota has started humping anything he can get a hold of. ??????? Any ideas on what to do?! PS----side note, we bought him this HUGE bone at Pet Co and the lady seriously laughed and asked " Is that for him?" ...... when I told her yes, she laughed again and told me that they have much smaller ones and I told her that I'll just take the one I had. Kota has devoured that already I love watching all the videos, but seeing in person just how strong these dogs are is just unreal. Especially considering that he is just a pup
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #89 (permalink)

New pics! Kota Photos by kotasmommy727 | Photobucket
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #90 (permalink)
Knighted Member

So cute
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.