Zee's Mom is back... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Zee's Mom is back...

Hi, all,

After quite a few years away, I've come back to one of my old haunts. I used to be Zee's Mom, but somehow the name got changed to my log-in name, jackiegainer, I guess because of the website revamping. But it's me, regardless.

I spent 99% of my time in the rescue forum then, was active in rescue when I lived in Ohio helping Brightstar, Shepherd's Haven and several others with fostering and transport. I live in Idaho now, but I'm back to peruse the rescue forum, looking to find some old contacts if they're still here.

I lost both my GSD fur kids, Zeely, 12, and Harley, 13, last year in July and September, and it's taken me over a year now to decide to bring another soul in need of rescue into my life. I bought a house in February that came complete with fenced-in yard and doggie door, and my friends all say it's fate; that I'm absolutely meant to have another fur companion.

I'm looking forward to renewing old contacts as well as meeting some new folks. Have a great day, everyone.

The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it - John Ruskin
Zee's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Hi Jackie, welcome back - there's not a lot of the "old timers" around, but I remember you! Your avatar used to be on the home page, if I remember correctly.

So sorry to hear about Zeely and Harley. Good luck with your search, I hope you find the perfect dog soon.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hi Jackie! Welcome back. I remember your avatar.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hello! I probably wasn't on the forum when you were Zee's mom...I'm sorry for your loss...

I can't wait to see pictures when you decide to get your rescue!!!
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks, all, for the welcome and the messages of sympathy. Yes, Zee was one of the calendar winners that year and got to appear on the home page. I miss them both so much, but they're not suffering any more.

I see the moderators were kind enough to give me my old screen name back. Thanks to them for that!

I was looking over the rescue forum. Wow...not nearly as busy as it used to be. Hopefully that's because there's more exposure on social media, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc., and maybe more awareness of shelter dogs so there's not as much need for boards like ours.

I see Jean is the moderator now on the rescue forums, and I sent her a message. Deva (dd) used to be a frequent poster. Bev from Pittsburgh and Caroline from maybe Mid-Atlantic GSD Rescue, and I can't remember their last names. Ahh, the memory goes away way too fast! lol

The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it - John Ruskin
Zee's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hi Zee's Mom. I remember you! I am sorry you lost you oldsters. My Jackson was taken by hermangiosarcoma last June, way too young at only 8.5 years.

I live in Idaho, too. I know the rescue community would love your participation. Let me know if you want some contacts.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.