German Shepherds Forum banner

thanks for having me...

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Nigel 
#1 ·
hi, I'm dutch'sdad...new to the forum but not to the breed...dutch is my almost 6 month old red/black male that I got after my import and soulmate rainman passed via a massive heart attack this year...my grief was overwhelming until I got dutch...this creature lives and breathes for my companionship...we all know this and this is why we feel there is no finer companion than a GSD...I live in plant city florida and am interested in working my dog...any suggestions with sleeve work help would be appreciated

#6 ·
very handsome!! welcome to the board and so very sorry for your loss of Rainman :(

#9 ·
Welcome Dutch's Dad from up north in Ohio. Im so sorry for your loss of Rainman. Dutch is a very handsome boy. Cant wait to see more pics and hear the stories about his training.

#10 ·
Hi, I'm Buddy and Bella's mom. I'm new to the forum, and sort of new to GSD. Buddy is my big boy, 21 wks old,black and tan. Bella is my new girl, I just got her last week and she is 17 wks old, black and silver. They are an extension of me, where I am, they are. We are doing OB on both, and they are doing great! Buddy will be going to Schutzhund training the first of next month. His sire is a gorgeous black military canine officer, and Bella's sire is a solid black Working on a K-9 unit in St. Louis. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, or comments.. thanks!!

#15 ·
Dutch is a handsome dog. I'm sorry for your loss of Rainman but maybe the time you spend with Dutch will help your heart mend as you bond with your new boy. Welcome - post lots of pictures!

#16 ·
it's been a long time since I've posted here...my wife passed and I've done little other than work with Dutch...he's now a service dog for a condition I have, worked as a therapy dog in the hospital while Linda was there, and now I've had my military trainer friend bring Dutch to another level...personal protection and bite work has been taught for the last 3 months...this boy has made a major stride in his abilities as we all know they can...he's able to leap vertical to 8' and can go thru and over the back seat of my F 150 without touching the seat...yeah, I'm proud...this is a jan 2013 pic...

Attachments

#17 ·
I'm glad you came back. Dutch sounds like he is doing great. You sound so proud of him. Welcome back.

#18 ·
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. I'm glad Dutch was able to help with Linda while she was in the hospital. Big hugs to you.

You have a lot to be proud of in Dutch. He's a gorgeous animal and sounds like he is doing very well! I'd love to see more pictures!

#19 ·
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife :(

It sounds like Dutch is doing very well! What a handsome boy :)

#20 ·
wow, it's been a year since I've been here, time is screaming bye...found out I had liver cancer like my wife did but dutch was nosing my liver for a few weeks so I go get it checked out...found it early stage and had it successfully removed...dutch was able to stay in the hospital with me as long as I had a friend/handler with us...I'm fine, hurt like a madmad but dutch, ahhh, my dutch...he's the light of my life...he's completed over 600 hours of K-9 training since he began and were just about the happiest campers on the block...nice to be back

Attachments

#22 ·
to be very honest dutch has given the the purpose to be strong...he's my saving grace, people should be so loving and loyal as our dogs are...he's just developed into what I feel is the perfect DGS, just like all of you guys feel about your 4 legged friends...he's got a service card so were inseperable...due to my health I need him physically as well as emotionally...he's fearless, just as protective as could be but very stable around crowds...he's great as assessing a risk and isolating it...I found my pack

#24 ·
thanks ruger, as we all know our GSD's are special creatures...his love and encouragement has gotten me thru moments I had no right getting thru, he's my rock...having the service ability has made a world of difference in my life along with the lives of others...I can't take him anywhere without fielding hundreds of questions...he represents his breed well...we are loosely involved with the wounded warrior folks and spend time at the local VA...dutch touches people, he's a very gifted creature...they all are, some just don't know how to let the creatures communicate with us...dogs tell us things all the time, few understand dog speak...it's very subtle...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.