Hello from New Jersey! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"HE on the other hand, wants ONLY to be with me"

you just summed up the GSD....

Good luck, sounds like the perfect home.

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

zyppi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Ceasar Update

Greetings again from the pinelands of NJ. Most of you won't remember my 14 posts over the summer (a few embarrassingly frantic upon the re-read) when I adopted my first GSD, my Ceasar. A lot has happened since I posted last and just wanted to hop on and provide an update to all of the people who were so helpful, warm, welcoming and supportive.

* Ceasar has completely bonded with Ally & Emma. He is actually in the middle of the herd and Emma (my chocolate who bullied him a little at the start) is at the dead bottom. Ceasar and Ally are actually picking on her a little bit right now. They roll around together, play, sleep, etc... without issue.

* He has amassed in size and muscle. From all of the running, fetching, herding, chasing, and protecting his mamma at night, he is quite the Adonis, if I do say so myself.

* He has enjoyed several large family functions here on the farm ... with adults, small children, etc. Everyone loves him and his behavior is respectful and sweet. The cops/ retired cops in my family (all GSD enthusiasts) are OVER THE MOON about him, my 3 and 5 year old nieces (especially the five year old) ADORE him to smithereens. (She messes up his name sometimes and calls him "Seizure" instead of "Ceasar" )
My sister, who is NOT a farm chick and a complete germaphobe called him to where she was washing dishes, and said, "Give me a kiss!" He hopped up, gave her a sweet one and went on his way.

* The air snapping (AKA CHOPPING IN MY FACE good God I freaked out on that one) is COMPLETELY GONE.

* His recreation: playing fetch in the yard, playing at the fence line with the horses, playing with the girls. Still loves rides in the truck. I need to take him back to stores again.

* His jobs:
1. He accompanies me to the barn every night for snack. He patrols and stays close. He CRIES AT THE DOOR to do this each night.
2.He guards the house during the day. The ladies are naughty when left out for long jaunts during the day. Ceasar guards, and when he's not patrolling, he watches TV while laying on my bed. He loves that this is his job and gets the house to himself.
3. When I take the girls out of the fence to walk around the property with me, he herds them. Once recently my lab pit mix took off into the woods at night and got lost and scared -- she was crying in the woods. We do have coyotes here. I was freaking out. He wanted to go in for her, but obeyed me to stay. I got my pickup drove it as far into the woods as I could... turned on the hb's, and THEN only after getting my ok... he went in and brought her out. How would he know how to do this??? He's never been trained for anything remotely like what he instinctively decides to manage and takes responsibility for. He impresses me all the time.

* Relationships: He is MY BOY. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his mama. If he can't get to me, it's a problem. Yet, he respects my BF, trusts him, and trusts that I am safe with him. He and my boyfriend have really developed a nice rapor. There WAS an initial battle of BF--I AM THE MAN... and GSD--YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! ... I'M THE MAN! So now we've all established, that there are clearly two men. (sheesh)

He has sold me on this breed. I always said that I could never be without labs, and now I feel the same way about GSD's based on my experience alone with Ceasar.

Again, thank you to everyone who helped me. I'll need it again I am sure, but for now, we're good. Happy New Year!
Ceasar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.