Has anyone tried this? (Flea/tic herbal defense) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has anyone tried this? (Flea/tic herbal defense)

Only Natural Pet Herbal Defense Squeeze-On Dog Flea Control Treatment
E.Hatch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

i have been using the spray and it seems to do a pretty good job. just have to spray a few times a week to make sure they are covered. i am sure the squeeze on would be just as good, although wouldn't hurt to buy the spray to do the whole body. its pretty strong smelling stuff, a pleasant spicy odor though.........
Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

You could always use the Geranium oil and peppermint oil pure.

I use neem oil either in olive oil and rubbed on every week or mixed with warm water and a drop of washing up liquid and sprayed on. It works really well.

It is good for the skin and hair, anti fungal/bacterial/viral.
MadLab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses. I use neem oil too and so far have had good results but it's also been pretty cold here. Come spring I will probably need to add something. I saw this tag but it seems too good to be true! Anyone try it?

Only Natural Pet EasyDefense Flea & Tick Tag for Dogs & Cats
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Hatch View Post
Thanks for the responses. I use neem oil too and so far have had good results but it's also been pretty cold here. Come spring I will probably need to add something. I saw this tag but it seems too good to be true! Anyone try it?

Only Natural Pet EasyDefense Flea & Tick Tag for Dogs & Cats
Yes, I use it along with this one: TickLess Pet Ultrasonic Tick & Flea Repellent Device Pendant for Dogs & Cats (this one lasts for 1 year and can't go in water). So they have 2 tags on.

The thing with the tags are that you have to put them on BEFORE they get fleas or ticks, otherwise, they won't work.

No fleas, and only 1 tick this season! YEAH!

I also use essential oils and raw garlic during bug season!

You can get good grade Essential Oils at: Geranium, Pure Organic Essential Oil, A Potent Antibacterial and Antifungal Oil If they are cheaply made (due to different distillation methods), they won't have the effect.

Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Which type of geranium oil do you use, there's a few different kinds on that site. How do you apply?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Geranium Essential Oil: Geranium, Pure Organic Essential Oil, A Potent Antibacterial and Antifungal Oil
There are 2 ways to apply. I use both.
1. Recipe: 10-25 drops of Rose Geranium Essential Oil (or whichever one or two you choose) mixed with 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil. The Almond Oil is used as the “carrier” oil to dilute the essential oil before application. For quality, buy cold pressed or cold expeller pressed Sweet Almond Oil. Aromatherapy Carrier Oils, Cold Pressed and Organic Using a funnel, place oils in a dropper bottle. You can obtain these bottles with dropper's from the company that you purchase the Essential Oils from. Cobalt Blue Glass Bottles with Eye Dropper and Screw Caps
"Used to store and dispense larger amounts of essential oils and blends. Includes glass dropper with rubber top."
Apply in areas down center of their back, just as you would the commercial brand such as Advantix. Dot the mixture lightly on to the tips of dog’s ears and the top of the head, but not close to eyes. Make sure you test a small spot on your dogs’ skin (for sensitivities) before committing to the whole application. Repeat when aroma disappears or if they swim or get bathed.
2. SPRITZ: Mix 20 drops of your choice of Essential Oils with 2 cups of spring or distilled water in a spray bottle, using a funnel. You can use this along with the mix above. Keep out of sun and away from heat. You can choose one or more essential oils to make up your own individualized potion! It is even a great idea to make up two spray bottles with different Essential Oils in each one and use alternately to keep the bugs away! Spritz on daily if needed. Don’t forget that you can use these on yourself too instead of the “deet”!
Here are other good oils to choose:
  • Catnip (not CatMINT)
  • Lemon Eucalyptus
  • Rosemary
  • Tea Tree
  • Sweet Orange
  • Eucalyptus
  • Eucalyptus Blue Gum or Eucalyptus globules
  • Citronella
  • Yarrow
  • Pine Needle
  • Niaouli
  • Peppermint
Let me know if you need any more info.
Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.