Rabies vaccination - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
she did not say the dog died from rabies , but from complications on the liver either causal or co-related to the vaccination.

I recently got some emails from a member of a dog-liver forum , with excerpts from Jean Dodds about a case where a dog died from liver failure -- briefly the reaction slowed digestion , bacteria back up compromised the liver and the dog died. This is a real simplified account , bullet pointing the salient points only.

this is a real hot-buttom issue
Hi Carm

....or the neural toxins - adjuvants - mercury, aluminum, fermaldehyde
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

this , the forewords provided by Jane Levatin MD Board Certified Pediatrician Clinical Instructor in Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, no slouch she

.......... evidence that allergies , as a mass phenomenon, were ushered in with the introduction of vaccination and the use of injectable medicines .... and later ......indeed we have passed --the crossover point, that point at which we realize that the preventive measures we were prescribed cause more damage than the problems they were intended to prevent ......

The book is authored by Heather Fraser , titled "The Peanut Allergy Epidemic .. what's causing it and how to stop it "

I have this book because it talks about the history of vaccination , the adjuvants used , the politics, the multi billion dollar industry and the effects it has on all of us .

This is an area of study becoming more and more interesting and important for me to tackle. We now have vets who will not accept you as a client if your dog has not had the traditional full sequence of vaccinations . Yes .

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oops, sorry.
Thanks Carm for pointing that out.

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

zyppi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyppi View Post
Vaccine is not 'live,' and cannot cause rabies.

Did you have an autopsy on your dog?

If not, you should not assume it was rabies. Rabies cannot be diagnosed without autopsy.

Read on.

USDA - APHIS - Wildlife Damage Management
He didn't die of Rabies because he had all his legally required rabies shots throughout his life. He started to show all the symptoms of rabies without being contagious or sick. That seems to be possible with over vaccination of Rabies which causes changes in his brain that would also happen with true Rabies.
A homeopathic vet told me that Rabies vaccination in OR is not required until they are 8 months old.
Another, for me, questionable routine: Chihuahuas get the same dosage as a Mastiff. What does that do to a tiny body?
Thank you all for your help and for articles and links.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
I lost a dog last year (had to put him to sleep due to building up aggression) who showed all the sign of rabies vaccinosis, caused by the rabies vaccinations over his life time. He was 8 years old
I am now worried to have to "poison" my new pup with this vaccination.
For those of you who use homeopathics /natural health care: is there a way I can prepare his body for this vaccination? He is 6 months old and due for this now.
Depending on where your at, rabies are required in most places by law. You can do titers where I am at, but the state does not recognize them. The dogs have to have rabies. So after talking with the vet, we do every 3 years because the dose is slightly larger then the one year. So if they have to be done, do the 3 year.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
I lost a dog last year (had to put him to sleep due to building up aggression) who showed all the sign of rabies vaccinosis, caused by the rabies vaccinations over his life time. He was 8 years old
I am now worried to have to "poison" my new pup with this vaccination.
For those of you who use homeopathics /natural health care: is there a way I can prepare his body for this vaccination? He is 6 months old and due for this now.
Hi Wolfy!
I sympathize with you as vaccinations ruined my first GSD’s heath.
Since your pup has probably already had previous inoculations to this up-coming Rabies, you may want to detox him first to try and rid his body of the toxins already present before more are introduced.
This is what I would personally do prior to the rabies, then off for one week before the rabies:
First week: 1 dose of 30c Thuja daily
Second week: 1 dose of 30c Sulphur daily
(BTW: For all other vaccinations, you would give one dose Thuja immediately after the vaccination & one dose Sulphur that evening. This would continue for one week.)
When it is time for the rabies (put this off as long as possible) these are the dosages:
Give 1 dose of 30c Thuja immediately following the injection.
One half-hour later, give 1 dose of Lyssin.
For 7 days following the rabies vaccination:
One dose Thuja in the morning
One dose Lyssin in the evening.
You can purchase these in liquid form, which is MUCH easier, from www.naturalrearing.com or 541-899-2080, who I have know and trusted for about 17 years. One dose is 2 pulls/draws from the liquid bottle from Natural Rearing. Dosages would be different from another source. You will only need a 1 ounce bottle of the Lyssin, but you’ll want to get a 2 or 4 ounce bottle of Thuja as you will use more of it and a 2 ounce bottle of Sulphur. Homeopathic remedies are given in a “clean mouth” which means no food or water 30 minutes before or after being administered. Also, the bottle should be “pulsed” or shaken vigorously for a few seconds to activate. Then, an easy way to give it, is while your dog is resting or sleeping. Just raise his lip and gently drizzle on to his gums. This is how it is absorbed into the system.
I will PM you with a list of holistic vet members in Oregon as it is too long for a post.
Hope this relives your mind a bit.
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
we do every 3 years because the dose is slightly larger then the one year. So if they have to be done, do the 3 year.
There is no difference between 1-3yr. vaccines.

The 1st year they get a vaccine - at 4mos. - it is a "1yr." meaning they need to boost it in another year.
After that it's good for 3yrs.
The same vaccine is used, in the same amount.

It's the dog's immunity which changes, not the vaccine.

Gosh I'm amazed at the widely held yet erroneous belief that there is a difference between vaccines! Wonder if vets can charge more by being deceptive...???

Community Practice Vaccination Protocols from the College of Veterinary Medicine

The site above explains how rabies is given - notice it doesn't say "use the 3yr. vs. 1yr. vaccine!"

(posted here, because the same info was given in another thread where I posted this originally)

More info explaining this-
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/vete...iesVaccine.htm

This question came up on Twitter: "I do not understand why I can get a 3 year vaccine in Wisconsin and only a one year in Illinois for my dog."

Answer:
The answer is that when using an adjuvanted vaccine* approved for 3 years, there is no difference as far as local laws are concerned. What makes the rabies vaccination "good" for one year or three years is determined by two things:

1) the animal's age and rabies vaccine history
2) if the state and municipal laws require annual vaccinations for rabies.
Dogs and cats are first vaccinated for rabies between 4 and 6 months of age. They need a booster one year from that date. They are then vaccinated every three years, although some states still require annual rabies vaccinations for dogs and/or cats. Again, it is the same vaccine in all cases, but the time it is "good" for is dependent on these factors.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.