homeopathy DOESN'T WORK - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default homeopathy DOESN'T WORK

I just though I would make a case against the use of homeopathy. Homeopathy is widely understood not to work in any medical context, and this has been consistently proven using scientific studies which prove no correlation between the use of homeopathic remedies and positive health effects, let alone cure of ailments.

It is very fashionable, as are most "alternative" "medicines" (not a typo)

I'm not suggesting that concentrated medicine diluted with water is homeopathic. Many helpful medicines are.

If you use homeopathic remedies you are wasting money and failing your pet, this is the only reason I adress this problem.

Please do some research from independant sources before using such methods, your dog will suffer from your delusions if you choose not to.
bite_me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bite_me View Post
I just though I would make a case against the use of homeopathy. Homeopathy is widely understood not to work in any medical context, and this has been consistently proven using scientific studies which prove no correlation between the use of homeopathic remedies and positive health effects, let alone cure of ailments.

It is very fashionable, as are most "alternative" "medicines" (not a typo)

I'm not suggesting that concentrated medicine diluted with water is homeopathic. Many helpful medicines are.

If you use homeopathic remedies you are wasting money and failing your pet, this is the only reason I adress this problem.

Please do some research from independant sources before using such methods, your dog will suffer from your delusions if you choose not to.

As a mom of 5 kids I have found some homeopathic treatments to be very useful. Example?? Apparently you have had a bad experience??
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedtrucker View Post
As a mom of 5 kids I have found some homeopathic treatments to be very useful. Example?? Apparently you have had a bad experience??
I'm sorry but that's impossible. You may be looking for improvements in (behaviour?) and are therefore finding them. There is evidence that all placebos help with a variety of problems, especially sleep issues. A sugar pill has shown such effects.

The problem is, pets cannot be informed they are ingesting something that will help them, so even the placebo effect is lost on them. I have known people who have attempted to treat gum problems with their dog, and was told it "wasn't scientific, but still worked" and had to watch the dog suffer for weeks due to it's owners weird obsession with "natural remedies" which DO. NOT. WORK. Until they took it to the vet who thankfully cured it in a day.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I used homeopathic tablets for my daughter who had colic, at 3 months old...they helped alot. She wasn't old enough to be "TOLD" anything...she's 15 now....I would never deny medical treatment for a child or pet, just feel homeopathy does have a place in the world....
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Someone has an attitude problem...bite me is my motto I go with what works...not some tree hugging freak. Crazy bitch is my CB handle.....ROFL!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedtrucker View Post
I used homeopathic tablets for my daughter who had colic, at 3 months old...they helped alot. She wasn't old enough to be "TOLD" anything...she's 15 now....I would never deny medical treatment for a child or pet, just feel homeopathy does have a place in the world....
I guess we may be disagreeing on what homeopathy is, the "water has a memory and gets stronger when diluted" is the one I'm attacking here, and it is certainly a fraudulent industry, as has been unanimously proven.

I'm guessing such low doses would go unnoticed in a 3 month old anyway, you wouldn't be able to judge whether the child simply got better despite the tablets.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

** comment removed by Admin**

Last edited by lhczth; 09-12-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Personal attack
dazedtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

disagreeing has nothing to do with you being a dum...fill in the blank
Old 09-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

I am going to bed now....but seriously, y did some jackball come on a GSD forum to argue about homeopathy? There are other way neater places for you to start ****. bye bye. blah..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am a nurse and can definately say homeopathic remedies DO work in some cases. Now will it cure every disease and make everyone feel better of course not. However more and more alternative treatments are being studied AND utilized in the health care field and with SUCCESS. I am sorry if you had a bad experience with homeopathics and have seen some awful things happen in the name of holistic medicine....but just as bad things happen in the name of science as well.
stolibaby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.