homeopathy DOESN'T WORK - Page 18 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #171 (permalink)

100% the way I feel about it too. Me, my family & my pets have all been helped by homeopathy over the years. And yeah, animals don't have a sense of "placebo", so how can that work on them?

And, my life has been saved on a couple of occasions by allopathic medicine, so definitely a place for that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja1Blue View Post
Frankly it boggles my mind that so many individuals would rather turn themselves and their animals over to modern medicine with its reliance on drugs and their (sometimes) horrific side effects than to - at least initially - investigate and utilize an alternative therapy that works with the body rather than against it. Can homeopathy cure everything? No it can't, and we need allopathic medicine too. But if we aren't talking about a life threatening condition which needs immediate hospitalization, I believe it is a very viable place to start. I can say with certainty that it has helped my dogs and cats tremendously over the years - and I am positive they know NOTHING about placebos or "mind over matter."

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
anjum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #172 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Homeopathy on humans has, yes, pretty much been proven to be unscientific and ineffective. However, there has not been a significant study done on the effects of homeopathic remedies in the Veterinary world. Thus, we cannot make assumptions about how homeopathy affects our dogs.

While I too am a science fanatic, the original poster needs to learn to respect other people's beliefs and opinions. It's not hurting you if somebody practices homeopathy. The only time I would ever see it necessary to point it out is if somebody is refusing to admit that they need professional medical help for a condition. That's not the case in this thread.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #173 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"There have been few studies examining the effectiveness of specific homeopathic remedies in general. In one study of homeopathy for sinusitis, however, more than 80% of the 119 participants had significant improvement in their symptoms after taking the homeopathic remedy for 2 weeks without antibiotics or other medications."

Sinusitis

(Do note what website is relaying this information.)

LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.