German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Herding (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/herding/)
-   -   AKC herding instinct test (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/herding/379457-akc-herding-instinct-test.html)

kbella999 12-10-2013 05:41 PM

AKC herding instinct test

I took Jerry Lee a few weeks ago to an AKC herding instinct test and he passed. When I look under his points, the test is not listed. I know it isn't a title but I thought it would be listed somewhere that he passed. If he passes one more he gets his certificate. How can I tell if they got the information recorded correctly?

selzer 12-10-2013 05:49 PM

Not sure.

I did the test, but it wasn't AKC. So it isn't recorded anywhere but the pyrean shepherd club. I guess if you have any paperwork/certificate with the date and show on it and the results, keep it with his paperwork. I wonder if you will have to send away for this like a CGC.

dogfaeries 12-10-2013 08:06 PM

It takes a while for AKC to process some events. What date, and where did you take the test?

kbella999 12-11-2013 07:48 AM

Diane, it was Sunday Nov. 17 at Latigo Farms in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I logged in under "My AKC" and it says they processed the events through Nov 22 under the titles and points section. Should I be looking somewhere else?

dogfaeries 12-11-2013 03:35 PM

Nope, that's where I look too. Just keep looking!

Harry and Lola 12-11-2013 03:45 PM

I hope you don't mind - a little off the subject. I have been considering training my almost 3yo male in herding, got a couple of questions:-

1. I know nothing about herding - is it easy to learn?
2. Is he too old to start
3. What sort of GSD (temperament wise) excels at this

Cheers

LeoRose 12-11-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbella999 (Post 4654033)
Diane, it was Sunday Nov. 17 at Latigo Farms in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I logged in under "My AKC" and it says they processed the events through Nov 22 under the titles and points section. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Does it specify that herding events have been processed? I know that Ilka's obedience results would show up long before rally results, by several weeks sometimes.

mspiker03 12-11-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry and Lola (Post 4656945)
I hope you don't mind - a little off the subject. I have been considering training my almost 3yo male in herding, got a couple of questions:-

1. I know nothing about herding - is it easy to learn?
2. Is he too old to start
3. What sort of GSD (temperament wise) excels at this

Cheers

1. There is a huge learning curve for the humans, but that shouldn't stop you from trying :)
2. Not too old
3. Needs prey drive ;) . I would just go get an instinct test and see. You do not need an official AKC or AHBA event to get an instinct test. Most herding places do them all the time.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

marbury 12-11-2013 11:10 PM

Y'know, seeing this prompted me to check and my HT that we got in 2012 isn't showing up on my records. I'll contact AKC and see what happened! I have the signed certificate, receipt, and everything else from the show.

martemchik 12-11-2013 11:20 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to pass two tests under two different judges to get the HT title.

An HIC is not recorded by the AKC as its just a certificate.