URGENT: 1 year old puppy, vomiting, 105 fever, mass next to liver, swelled chest, etc - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation URGENT: 1 year old puppy, vomiting, 105 fever, mass next to liver, swelled chest, etc

So I'm out of state right now, my mom has been giving me updates on our one year old puppy, Scout. Earlier this week he vomited white foam in the back yard but we thought it was out other dog. I noticed his chest getting bigger, I thought he was finally filling out but we now know that is not the case and it's a swelling of some sorts. Today my mom took him to the emergency clinic, he puked 5 times in 20 minutes this morning and had a high fever of 105. We thought it was kennel cough because he kept dry coughing every once in a while the past week or two, then after he puked we thought it was a flu outbreak in LA but the vet said there was no reported cases of it happening in the San Bernardino area and we hadn't gone to LA recently. They did an xray to see if he possibly ate something and they found a strange mass by his liver and his lungs looked strange. My mom called the breeder and asked her about it, she said Scout's grandparents are perfectly healthy and still living today at the age of 15. So it doesn't really make sense. She also said that when she had Scout she did notice he was pretty thin and long, but shes had skinny dogs before so she didn't think anything of it. A year later he still hasn't filled out, we feed him 6 cups a day and it's like he doesn't gain any weight. He's 75lbs right now and a big boy but I'm concerned. He's getting an MRI right now but the doctors have no clue what's going on. Has anyone had anything like this happen to their young dog?? Any guesses/insight? Thank you so much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Radiologist determined it was a bad case of pneumonia and thinks the tumor mass is benign, phew! Will have it removed when he's healthy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Crowned Member

get the Vet diagnosis and then we can look at some options.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Crowned Member

Hope your boy recovers quickly. Glad you found some answers.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Crowned Member

Hoping for a healthy recovery.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Crowned Member

Yep, that sounds scary and strange. Please update us, because information like this can help others, hopefully in this case to be calm and hopefully all will be ok.

I have a big boy who is 4 and 75 pounds. He needs to gain some weight. It's downright irritating at times (when I am throwing away food he didn't eat). I have his mother, and she is almost 12, but that doesn't mean he can't have something or other that will take him sooner.

Glad that it seems yours is ok.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Hepzibah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page