German Shepherds Forum banner

looking for recommendations on cones of shame

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  shepherdmom 
#1 ·
Trying to get my dog to stop licking her inner thighs. Near her female parts... I am looking for recommendations on a soft cone of shame she can wear till I get that area to clear up.

#3 ·
Just had my girl spayed. She is 9 months old. Vet sent her home with a plastic cone. It lasted about 24 hrs before it cracked and splintered.

Bought an inflatable "bite proof" cone. Inflated it and attached it to her collar. Within 18 hours she'd bit through velcro strap that supposedly kept u-shaped collar closed, pulled inflatable cone and collar over her head, eaten the little plug attached to the inflate hole and punctured puncture proof cone.:) I duct taped the punctures, duct taped the collar to replace chewed through strap and duct taped the whole thing to her collar, which I tightened. Inflated cone lasted another day before it deflated and turned into a mass of chewed through duct tape.

Maybe someone makes a titanium cone that's attached by metal cables to a kevlar vest and then clamped to the dog's head.

#5 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.