German Shepherds Forum banner

Dog biting on balls

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  King_the_GSD 
#1 ·
My dog has a wound/sore on his balls. He has been licking it once in a while for a few days, but never thought nothing of it n thought it was normal. He was laying down in the living room on his side not long ago, thats when I first noticed it, looks as if he was biting on it.

Why did he bite on it n leave a wound? How I make it heal/go away?

I have a pic but it won't make me put the link to the pic.

#2 ·
Do you know it is a bite for sure? Does yours run in the woods alot? Mine got injured there also. It was from running in the woods and he got stuck by a stick. Now to fix it, it probably needs to get vet attention. My boys got infected within a few days. We did oral antibiotic and ointment everyday for 14 days. And he had to wear a collar for almost 3 weeks.

#5 ·
My male had that once. Took him to the vet and she found an embedded tick in his scrotum that was infected. I could never see the tick because of the swollen tissue. It was the grossest thing to see. She offered to neuter him on the spot; thanks, but no thanks.

#6 ·
Just remembered that it must have been from when he jumped over the broken part of the fence which the wood fell off on top and left with sharp chain link. Hes fine now, doesn't lick or bother it any more. It's not a deep cut, just a piece of the top skin scraped off, kinda like a blister, compared to my other dog which is a Husky mix, some a-hole cut his balls right open in the middle of the night, had to drive 3 hours to the vet n have it removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.