German Shepherds Forum banner

Growth or just wound on face?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  telavivgsd 
#1 ·
Hi everyone - I'm hoping someone might have some insight on something on Klaus' face. We though it was just a wound, because it started when we first started using a muzzle, and kind of lines up with the knot of the head strap. The vet thought that was probably what caused it about a week ago when she saw it.

At first it seemed like something was in his hair there, I thought it was fried egg white, but it wouldn't come out. Then the hair fell out. At one point it was bleeding a bit. Now it's a raised area with some hairs, the flesh is pink and black, and it looks to me to have almost a cauliflower texture or like warts even.

My husband is convinced it's from the muzzle and is still healing, so he doesn't want to go back to the vet (we've practically lived there this month), but I've never seen a wound heal like this. We put lots of padding on the muzzle a week ago, he doesn't wear it much anymore, and it doesn't really hit him there anyways. He also hasn't been bothering with it that I can see. I also noticed today that there's a tiny wart like bump that appears to be forming closer to his nose.

I'm attaching pictures (forgive his eye boogers in some he just woke up, and his sandy face in the others as we were just back from the beach). It's kind of hard to see how raised it is in them but it definitely is.

Any ideas of what this could be? Or is it just a weird wound? I've put coconut oil on it when it was dry, but hasn't seemed to change anything.

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree with your vet and your husband. It does look like it was caused by the muzzle. I think it looks like that because there is not much flesh on that area and it is close to the bone. The coconut oil is good. And if you can get Vetericyn that can help also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.