German Shepherds Forum banner

Somthings might be wrong

731 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  carmspack 
#1 ·
My German shepherd is having trouble jumping into my truck so I have to carry her into the passenger side for a trip to the local store. She is 5 years old I am wondering if she is in pain. She is not showing any signs of being in pain and she has not had any injuries, she lives inside our home and does not really get very much exercise. Do you think she might have hip problems at her age of 5 years? please help.

#3 ·
I agree with Deb, take your girl to the vet. Tell them what's going on. Maybe get xrays at least to put your mind at peace. Then, if the vet says it is ok, start a daily walk for her to strengthen some muscles.

#5 ·
We let dogs jump into and out of the truck and a healthy GSD should have no problem until they get old. Then it is heartbreaking and I know one dog that broke its back by hitting the tailgate and falling backwards.

I have also learned the hard way jumping out tears up their shoulders anyway. Definitely follow up and build up the exercise program that she needs but consider using a ramp for the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.