German Shepherds Forum banner

1 Year old GSD Sudden Hip Problems?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Anubis_Star 
#1 ·
Woke up this morning to my 1 year old GSD having a hard time standing up. Never had this issue before, it was over night. Carried her down stairs and observed her behavior. Her back was arched up and her back legs were wobbling, she is having a hard time with balance all though she seems not to be in pain. She also can still defecate and urinate. Trying to play with toys and such. Its worse when she has been laying down for awhile and then tries to stand back up. I tested her back leg paws and flipped them upside down and she immediately flipped them back. Ive done minor research on what it could be and will be taking her in tomorrow morning for an exam.
This is extremely weird to me because she showed no signs of this up until now. Immediately overnight symptoms.
Any thoughts?

#4 ·
arched back indicates pain. Could be abdominal, but I see a lot of neck and back pain dogs present like this. Limit exercise today until you see a vet to prevent further injury - no running, no jumping, no playing. Short leash walks only to go potty, no outside off leash time. I would also use a harness just in case it is a neck injury.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.