German Shepherds Forum banner

Eeeek! A Mouse!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Stonevintage 
#1 ·
Summer was sleeping or so I thought and she just shot off her couch and into the kitchen. She had a mouse trapped in the corner of the baseboards. I encouraged her to get it and her jaws were too wide to get it. Then it shot out and ran and I jumped and went Eeeek! and scared Summer so she stopped the pursuit.

I went to the store and got 5 mouse traps and set them in spaces she can't get to and put her in the bedroom for a couple of hours to wait. Questions is, if I get no results before bed, if one of those traps goes off in the middle of the night, she's going to be right there.

They are in safe spaces but there's always the possibility the mouse may drag the trap to where she can get at it before I get there. There is a rodent poison trap placed by the city in the alley right outside the restaurant across from my yard. I don't know if this mouse has been eating the poison grain? Will it harm Summer if she scarfs the mouse? There is a stray cat that hangs in my yard and I know he/she must have been eating these mice so...?

Thanks for any help:smile2:

Oops. A trap just went off!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a mouse in the house 2 yrs ago. The dogs did nothing, the cat watched it and did nothing, which I was more then ok with because of the poison situation. I went and got some live traps but never put them up. I ended up putting peppermint soaked cotton balls in the area and that actually worked, then I learned Midnite was allergic to peppermint and that ended but the mouse left and never came back.

#3 ·
Well, this mouse is now in the garbage can in the alley. It was the biggest mouse I've ever seen (outside of Texas - everything's bigger down there). Thankfully, it must have died instantly.

Anyway, I reset that trap between the wall and the stove. They say where there's one... so the question still stands.

#8 ·
Well, this mouse is now in the garbage can in the alley. It was the biggest mouse I've ever seen (outside of Texas - everything's bigger down there). Thankfully, it must have died instantly.

Anyway, I reset that trap between the wall and the stove. They say where there's one... so the question still stands.
True! We are seeing them in our shop again. We had a shop cat, never had a problem with her around. She died this past spring and the mice know it. We've caught a couple in the old fashion cheap Victor ones, they were large for regular field mice.

#4 ·
Questions is, if I get no results before bed, if one of those traps goes off in the middle of the night, she's going to be right there.

They are in safe spaces but there's always the possibility the mouse may drag the trap to where she can get at it before I get there.
I put a baby gate up in the opening to my kitchen when I had traps set up in there. I figure if one did drag a trap, it wouldn't leave the kitchen, and the dogs couldn't get it.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.