German Shepherds Forum banner

My GSD is limping and he looks like he's losing weight.

903 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ken k 
#1 ·
I have a GSD, his name is Ruger. He is around 11 months old right now, he'll be 1 year old in June. I went on a week-long vacation, and I left him with my dad and when I came back, my dad said he'd been limping for a couple of days. We have both checked him out thoroughly and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him (on the outside) that would cause him to be limping. We've moved his elbow, foot, and touched around on the pads and he didn't show any indications of pain. He seems to be losing weight as well, he isn't eating as much as he used to/usually does.

Does any of you here have any clue what could be wrong with him? I'm starting to get worried. Gunny, my 8-year-old GSD died last year out of the blue, and I'm scared Ruger is going to do the same.

#4 ·
it might just be pano. it will go from leg to leg, its growing pains, but a vet will xray and tell you for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.