German Shepherds Forum banner

Does anyone know what this is?

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  selzer 
#1 ·
Recently found this dark bump on my gsd's belly it has a red ring around it.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
My money says it's a fully fed tick.

If it is-Get a nice pair of needle nose tweezers, grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible but don't squeeze it, just hold it tight enough that you can slowly (and I do mean slowly) pull it straight out without twisting or turning or yanking.

You will feel it will finally release and you can kill the "*****" any way you choose.

Then run your hands all over the dog since where there is one, there are more. Check ears and all around the dogs neck to. Some may be full, some smaller, some barely a speck.

Lynn & Traveler

#17 · (Edited)
Once when I had a pup in the examining room, the vet was in the next room explaining to the guy in there that it was a nipple, not a tick. Ugh! Glad the vet took care of yours for you. I had one on me, one on Babs, and one on a pup, in 20 years. I got the one off Babs and the one on me off myself. The pup was the first and I ran it to Dad's and he got it off of him for me.

Thanks Dad.

Have a problem, call: 1-800-DAD-HELP. It pretty much works every time if you are a girl.

Today I was leaving for work and my car which was nice enough to shift out of park (we have been having issues with this lately), went flip, flip, flip, flip, flip as I started to back out of my drive. I was scheduled for a training session at 3, when I am supposed to arrive here. No time for AAA. Who're ya gonna call? Yep, 1-800-DAD-HELP!!!! I was 8 minutes late. But still, that is incredible considering I live a good 10 minutes away from my parents' house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.