German Shepherds Forum banner

Red tongue and pink belly?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Castlemaid 
#1 ·
My 8 mo old pup's tongue has been red for the past few days instead of pink and this evening I noticed the skin on her belly is a little pink instead of white. She seems healthy and has plenty of energy. I did start transitioning her kibble from RC Maxi puppy to Victor lamb the same day I noticed her red tongue but it was such a small amount and I'm only at 25% new food/75% old food.
Any ideas?

#3 ·
Argh, I hope not. I've got to get her off of royal canin and want her on a quality kibble that isn't chicken based to see if her itchiness and red ears reduce. the inside of her ears have been various shades of red as long as I've had her.
Could the red tongue be seasonal allergies? They are really bad here right now.

#4 ·
To tell the truth, I've never seen or heard of a dog getting a red tongue from food allergies. Red belly skin, yes. Tongue? Possible, but I don't know.

Some dogs don't do well on Lamb, so maybe that is the culprit. Though allergies can be tough to track to the source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.