chewed antibiotics before swallowing?
Wick is the rare dog that chews every bite and every kibble he eats, which is usually great because he eats slow and doesn't wolf his food down. However today I was giving him his antibiotic and he chewed it up until is was pulverized then swallowed it. I tried to take it out of his mouth and get him to swallow it whole multiple times but about the 4th time of trying to trick him he finally destroyed it and swallowed it. Is this safe? Has anyone had this happen before?