German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   possibly ate something (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/483345-possibly-ate-something.html)

lalachka 08-26-2014 11:47 PM

possibly ate something
 
at the park noticed his mouth stinks either like **** or rotten something. assuming the worse, that he ate a rotten poisoned squirrel (really doubt it, I was watching him and didn't see chewing but it was dark and he was only away for a little while, so I'm thinking locked something or ate a small piece of something), should I make him throw up?

if so, how much peroxide for a 90 to 100 lb dog and how do I get him to drink it?

Juliem24 08-26-2014 11:55 PM

Does he act sick, or just stink?

lalachka 08-26-2014 11:57 PM

just stinks. not anymore though, I washed his mouth
it's still less than an hour (almost an hour) so I didn't want to miss a window of throw up if I should
he's perfectly fine. we played after that and he took treats

Lucy Dog 08-27-2014 12:00 AM

He's fine. I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts acting funny.

Juliem24 08-27-2014 12:09 AM

Agree!

Nigel 08-27-2014 12:12 AM

He could have downed a turd pretty quick?

lalachka 08-27-2014 12:15 AM

thank you so much. yep a turd is a good possibility. it actually smelled like it.

my worry was that don't they start feeling sick hours after and by then it's too late to throw up?

I'm not going to make him though. it's over an hour

thank you everyone :)

huntergreen 08-27-2014 12:54 AM

i have to be very vigilant keeping my dogs away from turds with carrot mixed in. it happens.

warpwr 08-27-2014 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalachka (Post 5950161)

...if so, how much peroxide for a 90 to 100 lb dog and how do I get him to drink it?

One shot glass full should do the trick and just open his mouth and toss it in.
They will throw up pretty soon after that.

I really doubt your dog needs it though.
I did it once when Shadow ate an entire trout skeleton about 10 inches long. Zoom, right back out it came.

Your dog probably just ate some cat scat. They love it and it does stink, that's why the cat buries it, even the cat knows it's way too nasty to leave out in the open.

Malachi'sMama 08-27-2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpwr (Post 5950537)
Your dog probably just ate some cat scat. They love it and it does stink, that's why the cat buries it, even the cat knows it's way too nasty to leave out in the open.

This made me LOL...:laugh:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2