German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   peeing for a minute or more (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/482153-peeing-minute-more.html)

lalachka 08-22-2014 12:59 PM

peeing for a minute or more

70 Attachment(s)
my dog pees for a very long time if he has been holding it over night or all day. like a minute. and the stream is kind of weak.
I did show a video to a vet and she said no big deal. if he was struggling then yeah but he's not.

but i just saw on a thread that long pee might mean diabetes.

I deleted that video but can make another one tomorrow

Steve Strom 08-22-2014 01:01 PM

Its a guy thing. Leave him alone. Lol.

lalachka 08-22-2014 01:02 PM

70 Attachment(s)
I'm one paranoid dog owner lol. I can't help myself. every day I read some stuff and then go nuts.

I will)))))

sarahp 08-22-2014 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Strom (Post 5934225)
Its a guy thing. Leave him alone. Lol.

Haha! my boyfriend said the same thing to me! it was more along the lines of "he's a guy, you just don't understand. it happens to the best of us"
Atti does the same thing every morning, i feel like im standing there forever just to let him pee. he hasn't started to hike his leg yet, even though i'd love to see him try and balance for that long lol
from what i understand, it's no big deal. we went on vacation last week and he stayed at the vet's office to be boarded. they have a separate facility for the dogs that are being boarded with runs and everything but they are monitored and fed by the vet techs just in case there is a problem they can catch it early. when i picked him up they remarked at his "impressive ability to hold it" and just laughed about it. he's done that since the day i got him so i wouldn't worry about it at all!

lalachka 08-22-2014 01:16 PM

70 Attachment(s)
I only noticed it (didn't think much of it, it was going on for months) because someone made a comment. something about him really needing to go.
so I felt like an abuser lol
then I started paying attention. he starts to pee, i see people coming down the block, make mental notes on how to walk not to bump into them, they pass, he's still peeing, another person turns the corner, i get prepared, they pass. and on and on.
my video was a minute and 20 secs long. that's how I know how long he takes. then he went around the corner and peed some more

Rocket 08-22-2014 01:25 PM

Everyone makes fun of my little guy cause he pees so long that it actually gains attention.

No idea why, and no weak stream either. And the best part is he will do it numerous times. He'll pee for a minute or more 3-4 times while everyone stands around laughing.

Sunflowers 08-22-2014 06:11 PM

Normal.

lalachka 08-22-2014 07:34 PM

70 Attachment(s)
I feel much better, thank you everyone. No dogs I know do that.

Pax8 08-22-2014 11:31 PM

Very normal. Kaiju's record is 2 minutes 37 seconds with a strong stream. Apparently he doesn't like to go pee in day camp. :p

lalachka 08-23-2014 12:20 AM

70 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pax8 (Post 5936425)
Very normal. Kaiju's record is 2 minutes 37 seconds with a strong stream. Apparently he doesn't like to go pee in day camp. :p

I'm genuinely shocked. there's no way. but ok))))