German Shepherds Forum banner

Vomiting ?Unknown Cause

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BowWowMeow 
#1 ·
Our 7 month old female Shepherd vomited twice 4 days ago. It was just bile (not particularly foamy). The next day she vomited two times again first thing in the morning. The next two days she vomited bile again, both days at 5 am. Her mood, appetite, stools, water intake and everything else is completely normal. After she vomits, she does become a bit lazy for a bit. She hasn't changed her food, the only thing that has changed is that she was given a different raw hide bone. She does have a bit of a sensitive stomach. I'm starting to worry. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I am totally not an expert, but a few weeks ago my 7 month old ate foam from his crate pad and had loose stool. We had to put him on the bland diet, which worked, but he did vomit some bile the one day. I was worried but then googled it and found that sometimes dogs vomit bile from hunger, which made sense for me because not only was he on bland but the first meal i gave him wasnt much. he was fine after adding in his regular food.
Is your dog going awhile without any food? I hope it is as simple for you as it was for us.

#3 ·
I don't give rawhides at all, they are known to cause blockages. I would give her a midnight snack and see if the bile barf stops. Many times growing pups need a bit more nutrition w/ growth spurts.

If she's pooping normally, I wouldn't think it is a blockage, but that her gut has been empty for too long causing the bile barf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.