Oh trust me i wait till my sneakers have holes and are falling apart before i replace them!
I have looked up care credit and the options. And was warned it should be more of an accident, like if she got hit by a car, or got really sick- use it for those things.
I have. There are not Vets, or specialists who will perform the THR in Vermont, I would probably go to the one in MA. But that will be years from now if i do go that route, and would only be able to replace one.
The OFA, i looked into, thought about, and rethinking about. One of the Vets told me it is best as a last resort surgery, that it will cut her life shorter, and that recover after is really important, and being a bigger dog its harder rehab than for say a smaller breed. If i did decide OFA, i am sure the Vet i go to know would give me a payment plan. But i would feel better doing a big and expensive surgery like this at a specialist.
There is no reason to put her down now, she is still quite the happy honey bee!
She is under 2 years though, and it raises the question how much more time it will take before getting up is a bigger chore than it is already.
If i have to get her wheels and carry her up stairs, i will.
The thing with surgeries is they are investments. For example, as much as i would love to buy a new car, more reliable, i dont have to worry about things going left and right which cost lots of money in the long run.. Is i dont have the money for it. I have money to scratch by for the car, but no money to put grands into.
I made another appointment for her, since im having a problem with under her paw pads, so i will ask the vet again. This holistic vet i see, does other practices, he isn't just into herbals, but that is the first thing he tries- and sees results for.
What would you do Selzer if you were in my current situation? Would you put her on carprophen?