German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   Helpp!!!!!!! URGENT (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/465889-helpp-urgent.html)

Crispina 07-01-2014 10:15 AM

Helpp!!!!!!! URGENT
 
Hi.. I have a German Sheperd who is 7 years old . my dog is suffering from vomitting , sometimes loud and hard breathing . its past 4 days since there has been any intake . we have tried force feeding her but she vomits it within an hour. she does not have diarrhoea. she has slimy saliva and now she is very very weak .. plz help me soon ......... am even scared that it might spread coz i have another dog who is a year old.. plss help me soon

My2shepherds 07-01-2014 10:19 AM

Take her to the vet would be my immediate advice... something is wrong.

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 07-01-2014 10:20 AM

She is probably dehydrated. can you getr her to a vet? getting her medical treatment will give you answers and help treat her dehydration.

Crispina 07-01-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2shepherds (Post 5714249)
Take her to the vet would be my immediate advice... something is wrong.

Yes we have taken her to the vet and they have said that they gave her glucose saline. They have not told anything else.

pyratemom 07-01-2014 10:23 AM

Vet immediately. She could be suffering from something serious. Don't wait any longer. Four days is a long time to not eat or drink anything.

Mister C 07-01-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispina (Post 5714233)
Hi.. I have a German Sheperd who is 7 years old . my dog is suffering from vomitting , sometimes loud and hard breathing . its past 4 days since there has been any intake . we have tried force feeding her but she vomits it within an hour. she does not have diarrhoea. she has slimy saliva and now she is very very weak .. plz help me soon ......... am even scared that it might spread coz i have another dog who is a year old.. plss help me soon

I am not a vet but my first recommendation is to take your dog to an emergency vet. This sounds quite serious and I would consider this an emergency if it were my dog.

Just a guess but it might be an intestinal blockage. Maybe the dog ate something (like a sock or a rock) and he cannot pass it. here are some links for you.

Intestinal Obstruction in Dogs | petMD
Gastrointestinal Obstruction in Dogs | Symptoms and Signs

Best of luck,

Michael

pyratemom 07-01-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispina (Post 5714289)
Yes we have taken her to the vet and they have said that they gave her glucose saline. They have not told anything else.

That would be to rehydrate her probably but there is nothing there to tell what the problem is. I would call them and ask directly what the diagnosis was and if there is anything else you can do.

My2shepherds 07-01-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispina (Post 5714289)
Yes we have taken her to the vet and they have said that they gave her glucose saline. They have not told anything else.


Okay sorry... they could not tell you anything else? Could she have gotten into something? Poison or chemicals... I don't know, I do not have broad medical experience with dogs but sounds to me like she needs more than just fluids... :confused:

my boy diesel 07-01-2014 12:35 PM

the op is in india
i am sure vets are different there than in the us
remember many other countries do not regard dogs as pets
not sure about india

barnyard 07-01-2014 02:26 PM

The loud and heavy breathing could be a sign of pain. Can she hold any liquids at all? I would definitely get her to a different vet asap. Also if she can hold liquid I would try pedialyte and maybe chicken broth.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2