German Shepherds Forum banner

Help please.

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  misslesleedavis1 
#1 ·
I put ty in his crate today and when I let him out he has this. Hot spots? He got attacked last night by a old English sheep dog he was on leash and the dog did a turn around and snap when ty was way past him but I did not notice these last night so I do not think it is from that dog.

It is open and gooey. Could it be domething they sprayed in the feild we walk them in?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is that on his side? The only thing I can think of is a crate injury? Kaiju had a sore/injury on his leg that looked exactly like this when he was younger. He's not a sore chewer, so I just assumed it was a crate injury and put neosporin on it.

Watch him closely and see if he chews on it at all. If he chews on it, he may have caused it. If he ignores it like Kaiju did, it's probably something from the crate.

Those are the only thing I can think of. :confused:

Of course, if it gets worse, vet trip is in order.

#3 ·
Ya it was wet, he has a bald spot which is right beside it, i have never seen it before until 10 minutes ago when i came home. I am going to clean it out and treat it maybe throw the old cone on his head and proceed to book appointment if it does not look any better tmrw.

#5 ·
We took him out for a walk yesterday with his buds, he was leashed and he was rolling around the grass. It may be caused by something the town used to spray, it was wet with saliva and goopy with blood but he very well could have chewed a hole in himself if the itching was that intense. Shiggies and Dex are okay but they did not roll they ran thru..what takes itch out so he wont damage himself further? will a cool bath help to rid what ever may be on his coat?

#6 ·
If it's an allergen, I would probably do a rinse down. I don't know about shampoo. Unless it's a very gentle, tearless type and you can avoid getting it in the sores, I would probably just do a rinse. You could also put a small cup of baking soda in with the bath water. Though again, I'd avoid getting it in the sore.

There's not much else I would do with the open one besides rub the gunk off with a warm wet towel and put on some neosporin. It really just needs an antibacterial and access to the open air without him scratching or chewing at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.