German Shepherds Forum banner

Whines when scratching his ears.

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
He doesn't have ear mites or anything.. and he doesn't really scratch his ears, but when he does, he whines really loud. It's pretty much 1 yelp per scratch. Lol. His nails aren't long or anything either, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

#2 ·
mine groans when she can't get her foot deep enough to get an itch that's in a hard to reach spot, not a yelp though. I usually help her out and itch her ear for her and all is well..maybe he just can't get to it?

#6 ·
He's been doing it ever since his ears started getting huge. He's been to the vet a bunch of times from then until now and she looked at/in his ears and everything and nothing was wrong apparently. He doesn't scratch often.. maybe once every few weeks.

They don't smell funny either.. everything looks pretttty normal actually. He also doesn't scratch consistently like he can't get in there good enough, so I don't know. If he does it again, I'll look extra close to see what he's doing exactly. I just think it's weird that he's like.. yelping per scratch. I've never seen other dogs whine when they scratch their big ol' floppy ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.