German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   Please help very worried!!! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/458034-please-help-very-worried.html)

Zeus Cannon 06-07-2014 06:37 AM

Please help very worried!!!

Ok Zeus yesterday morning wasn't interested in his food he ate some but not all and he always eats it all really fast. well that was first sign of something not right we went outside to play he played but not super hyper like his normal self either. had diarrhea, he ate lunch took him 30 minutes to eat 1 cup it only takes him 30 seconds usually. he ate his whole dinner 1 1/2 cups around 8 and now its 3 in the morning and he woke up and had to go vomit outside. looks like he vomited at least his whole dinner if not more and alot of soupy liquid with it. he was just looking at me for a minute like do something daddy.and now he has laid down and is sleeping so i need to know what to do tomorrow morning no vets are open around here except emergency vets which i cant afford but i will take him if it is the only option. should i see how he is in the morning. feed him not feed him wait 24 hours i don't know what to do so someone please give me some knowledge very concerned!!!

JakodaCD OA 06-07-2014 06:51 AM

when my dogs are off their food I know something isn't right..If it were me, I'd be going to the vets or ER, he could have an obstruction which could be life threatening.

jocoyn 06-07-2014 06:55 AM

You hate being overly cautious but what you describe are symptoms of an obstruction....There is "care credit" if you don't have the money to pay for the visit....it is credit available on the spot at animal ERs.

With little pups things can go south very quickly.

ugavet2012 06-07-2014 06:59 AM

I would take him today and parvo virus test him, regardless of vaccines. Obstructions present 99% of the time with lots of irretracible vomiting and rarely diarrhea (I have yet to meet the 1% but I'm sure it's out there). Vaccines aren't perfect and they don't always work. If he just had a little vomit and diarrhea without lethargy and anorexia, I would have other advice as watching my personal dogs, well there's always somebody having vomit or diarrhea (because my fiancÚ feeds them half a pizza, etc ;) ).
Many regular vets are open on Saturday mornings, Im Heading to work now :)

Zeus Cannon 06-07-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocoyn (Post 5613234)
You hate being overly cautious but what you describe are symptoms of an obstruction....There is "care credit" if you don't have the money to pay for the visit....it is credit available on the spot at animal ERs.

With little pups things can go south very quickly.

so should i take him to the er tonight he is sleeping right now?

Sunflowers 06-07-2014 07:08 AM

The vet just told you it is not an obstruction, could be Parvo, and to find a vet that is open Saturday morning.
Where are you located?

Zeus Cannon 06-07-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 5613266)
The vet just told you it is not an obstruction, could be Parvo, and to find a vet that is open Saturday morning.
Where are you located?

im located in hemet california and i found a vet open in 3 hours i will take him in asap hopefully its not "full"

huntergreen 06-07-2014 08:20 AM

zeus, has your dog had a bm?

my boy diesel 06-07-2014 10:42 AM

last night hunter
it was diarrhea

Zeus Cannon 06-07-2014 01:11 PM

took him to the vet this morning he has a bad case of giardia
tested for parvo came back negative
thanks everyone