German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   I don't know (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/447234-i-dont-know.html)

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 12:42 AM

I don't know

I couldn't think of a title. The rat terrier took a chunk out of Gunther today :( Husband said it wasn't bad, wasn't even bleeding. It's right above his eye, almost touching. I came home from work, cleaned it with anti-bacterial soap and warm water and put a little coconut oil on it but it is oozing a little blood now and I know he's going to be scratching it with his dew claw so I have to take him to the vet. I am so furious with Cyclone right now I don't even want to look at him. He hurt our puppy and now we have to spend more money on Gunther because the stupid little dog wants to act tough. I'm sick of his trying to dominate Gunther. He will never be allowed out of his crate with Gunther again. I'm so mad I feel sick. :cry:

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 01:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Poor puppy

KayDub 05-07-2014 02:09 AM

Awww poor fellar :( hope he heals quickly!

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 02:12 AM

Thank you. It really speaks volumes how good of a dog Gunther is. He could have ended Cyclone in one bite but did nothing. More patience than I would have had.

KayDub 05-07-2014 02:35 AM

Yes that's very true, rat terrier? you said.. yeah it could have easily got a taste of its own medicine. I'm starting to believe all types of dogs with shepherd in the name are just great siblings. My GSD came home at 4wks & has done nothing but try to eat my Australian Shepherd up since as my aussie thinks she's literally my child I thought I would have jealous issues & she wouldn't put up with such. Seems though she's fine with it my GSD will use her tail as a tug rope until i catch her doing so.

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 02:45 AM

I just feel bad for Gunther because I should have seen it coming. My husband told me 2 weeks ago that Cyclone grabbed hold of Gunther's side and held on while Gunther ran through the yard. I didn't think too much of it at the time and now I feel terrible for it. I'm overreacting I know, it's not like Gunther is in serious danger or harmed horribly. But for me my pets are literally my children, the only children I'll ever have so I tend to overreact from time to time. When I brought Gunther home I had fears that Cyclone would act this way and Gunther would hurt him seriously. I just never perceived that he wouldn't. I guess I should just be grateful that I don't have to take 2 dogs to the vet.

KayDub 05-07-2014 02:57 AM

Yes always look at the brighter side. I too have no children and a deep love for dogs so i know what you mean. Don't feel bad about it like my little story i just told I didnt think much about my GSD Sable trying to play rough with my Aussie Stewart. Same circumstances could have easily went down with my dogs as sable is always grabbing stewarts cheeks like she does the bottom of my pants. If it makes you feel a bit better your accident may help my Sable from getting more than she's bargaining for as now I will probably pay more attention when they try to play together.

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayDub (Post 5483418)
Yes always look at the brighter side. I too have no children and a deep love for dogs so i know what you mean. Don't feel bad about it like my little story i just told I didnt think much about my GSD Sable trying to play rough with my Aussie Stewart. Same circumstances could have easily went down with my dogs as sable is always grabbing stewarts cheeks like she does the bottom of my pants. If it makes you feel a bit better your accident may help my Sable from getting more than she's bargaining for as now I will probably pay more attention when they try to play together.

I'm glad it helped, that's how it started with my 2. Your story sounded cute as a playful visual but I'm glad you shared it because now I am able to share how important it is to not just think they are playing and both enjoy it. I'm sure your Aussie Stewart will appreciate you ending the tail pulling :O)

KayDub 05-07-2014 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There's always a silver lining! My Stewart will definitely appreciate you making me think twice. Hopefully one day they will enjoy each other as much as they do when they sleep lol

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 03:37 AM

That's cute :) Mine don't sleep together, Cyclone has loved his crate since day one and Gunther sleeps by the front door or by me. Right now he's under my legs tooting stinky toots up my direction. I don't know what's worse, his gas or my feet :rofl: