German Shepherds Forum banner

Is my pup growing appropriately im worried :/

986 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  shaner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, lately I've been worried about my male shep's size, he is now 5 months but only weighs about 38 pounds he is well fed, he recently went to the vet and everything was good, but looking at him now he should be bigger he hasn't grown into his paws and to me he seams small; compared to the neighbors GSD which at his age was much bigger even though they didn't exercise him (which i do with my dog every day)
Id post pictures but since I'm new i don't know how to do it :3

If you guys have any advice I'm all ears

#7 ·
Thanks, now I'm relieved though i don't care if he's little or not (he's still my best pal) but i tend to worry to much about him :). By the way your dog is super awesome i love his coat but his face and ears are killer

Im kinda new so i have no idea how to post pictures or even put my profile pic could you help me out?

#9 ·
He's still just a baby, he has a lot of growing left to do, then once he's done growing he'll slowly fill out. I wouldn't worry about size at this point. Feeding him more won't necessarily make him grow, it will just make him overweight. Just like with people, dogs grow at different speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.