German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   Is my pup growing appropriately im worried :/ (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/438841-my-pup-growing-appropriately-im-worried.html)

Fetch the stick 04-15-2014 07:41 PM

Is my pup growing appropriately im worried :/
 
Hello everyone, lately I've been worried about my male shep's size, he is now 5 months but only weighs about 38 pounds he is well fed, he recently went to the vet and everything was good, but looking at him now he should be bigger he hasn't grown into his paws and to me he seams small; compared to the neighbors GSD which at his age was much bigger even though they didn't exercise him (which i do with my dog every day)
Id post pictures but since I'm new i don't know how to do it :3

If you guys have any advice I'm all ears

Danjh 04-15-2014 07:49 PM

I don't think you have much to worry about I think your pup is only 3kg away from average. I'm sure he will grow perfectly fine

Danjh 04-15-2014 07:51 PM

Also what are you feeding him? And if you do a lot of exercise with him try and up his food a tad just watch you don't go over the top and put to much weight on lol.

shepherdmom 04-15-2014 08:03 PM

My guy is 5 months and 2 weeks and he is 2lbs less than your boy.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...37041790_n.jpg

SuperG 04-15-2014 08:18 PM

I'm guessing GSDs grow at different rates but yet there is an "average"...so I wouldn't be concerned as I am confident you are feeding your pup amply.

SuperG

Fetch the stick 04-16-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danjh (Post 5381369)
Also what are you feeding him? And if you do a lot of exercise with him try and up his food a tad just watch you don't go over the top and put to much weight on lol.

I feed him royal canin GSD puppy, but I'm thinking of switching to blue buffalo, and like you said at first i didn't feed him enough so i had to up his food, now he looks great.

Fetch the stick 04-16-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherdmom (Post 5381433)
My guy is 5 months and 2 weeks and he is 2lbs less than your boy.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...37041790_n.jpg

Thanks, now I'm relieved though i don't care if he's little or not (he's still my best pal) but i tend to worry to much about him :). By the way your dog is super awesome i love his coat but his face and ears are killer

Im kinda new so i have no idea how to post pictures or even put my profile pic could you help me out?

shepherdmom 04-16-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch the stick (Post 5383089)
Thanks, now I'm relieved though i don't care if he's little or not (he's still my best pal) but i tend to worry to much about him :). By the way your dog is super awesome i love his coat but his face and ears are killer

Im kinda new so i have no idea how to post pictures or even put my profile pic could you help me out?

Thank you! :)

I'm not the most technology savvy person around here. LOL But I can try. For your picture go to the top bar where is says home then forums ect.. and click on CP, there is a list on the left, click on edit avatar. Then follow the directions for upload.

For pictures in a message I go to the picture I want to use on my facebook, I right click and copy the image url then I click on the insert image button at the top of the message I am typing and past the image url into that. I'm sure there are better or easier ways but that is the only way I've been able to figure out how to do it.

shaner 04-16-2014 12:54 PM

He's still just a baby, he has a lot of growing left to do, then once he's done growing he'll slowly fill out. I wouldn't worry about size at this point. Feeding him more won't necessarily make him grow, it will just make him overweight. Just like with people, dogs grow at different speeds.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2