German Shepherds Forum banner

Diarrhea and loss of appetite

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakodaCD OA 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone i'm a first time mama to a beautiful Long Haired female GSD puppy named Phoenix. She is about 9 weeks old. I got her from a dog handler in Japan she's basically a police dog reject. When she was with the handler she had normal Stools and was eating Science Diet. She also got her first round of shots and deworming. Since she's been with me for 2 weeks she has had diarrhea,, but she has been eating and playing normally. I took her to the vet 3 days ago and he gave her a shot and gave me anti diarrhea meds. Checked for worms and said she was fine. Now for the past two days she has had brown Watery Diarrhea(no blood) and this morning has had loss of appetite. I'm taking her to the Vet again this morning but just wondering if anyone had any insight for me. I have never had this problem before with any of the dogs i've had.

Thanks everyone

#2 ·
I would have them test for coccidiosis/giardia, which requires a stool sample sent out.

Are you still feeding Science Diet? Please let us know what the vet says

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.