German Shepherds Forum banner

Tooth Issue

787 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nigel 
#1 ·
My 1 yr old pup seems to have a chip on the enamel of his right canine. I brushed this teeth two days ago and it wasn't there. He is mouthy but not super bad and isn't obsessive with his toys.

I just wanted to get some of your guys opinions if I need to get him to the vet asap or can it wait a couple weeks?

Here is a pic (Mind the the much on the top I gave him a treat to get pic):

See less See more
#3 ·
I do, but under supervision. He will get medium to small size raw hide bones that are mostly made in the US about twice a month. I am betting that is what caused the the chip but not 100%. Ironically, I gave it to him as a treat for letting me brush his teeth. He played with it for a bit and then I put it away. Thank you for quick response!

#7 · (Edited)
When Zoey broke her canine, it came from a very hard collision with our other dog, broke out the back of it. It happened on a Sunday, took her in to the vet a day or so later and they put her on an antibiotic and recommended endo. The pulp was exposed with Zoe, we elected to do a root canal and crown, she was 3 yrs old when we had it done.

If the pulp is not exposed you may have more options than we did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.