German Shepherds Forum banner

Very Urgent

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  RebelGSD 
#1 ·
:( All blues. My GSD (2 years 1 Month - All vaccinated None missed at all) Day before yesterday day by night he was fine and yesterday by eve he was bit lethargic although responding to commands, as usual (Which he is doing even today). I immediately took him to Vet. By having a look at my K-9 The vet affirmed that he was fine and was active. Then he passed stool with blood, first one, (Diaehoria) like splash. Immediately the Vet administered following treatment:-
Day-1 Yesterday (1900 hrs)
* Ringer Drip IV (With Following mix 500ml)
-Injection Oflobid
-Injection Neubion (Vitamins)
Injection Flagyl IV
* Day-2 Today (1230 hrs)
-Same as above
-Injection Velosef 500mg
So far the boy is not eating anything!!!
Has vomited 3 times since yesterday (No Blood) once it was all Grass in it.
Passed another bloody stool today.
Future Medication (Will be)
Day-3 (0900hrs)
-As today
1900 hrs repeat Injection Velocef 500 mg Only
Day-4
Only Inj velocef 500mg twice

*Vet is very experienced boasted "Never ever any K-9 has died in my hands, even almost dead have i revived" (I hope he does not make history on mine)

Guys how is my boy doing?SO far. Is the situation FATALLY ALARMING.

See less See more
#4 ·
White chocolate: 200 ounces per pound of body weight. It takes 250 pounds of white chocolate to cause signs of poisoning in a 20-pound dog, 125 pounds for a 10-pound dog.
Milk chocolate: 1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 candy bars to poison a 10 pound dog. Semi-sweet chocolate has a similar toxic level.
Sweet cocoa: 0.3 ounces per pound of body weight. One-third of a pound of sweet cocoa is toxic to a 20-pound dog; 1/6 pound for a 10-pound dog.
Baking chocolate: 0.1 ounce per pound body weight. Two one-ounce squares of bakers' chocolate is toxic to a 20-pound dog; one ounce for a 10-pound dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#5 ·
it was hardly few small sugar grain size chocolate chunks which are sprinkled upon cookies. I am disturbed that he is being treated very aggressively by experts who have spent their lives in GSD Treatment special training from Germany and mny more places but his situation is not improving but going down. He urinated and it smelled of Antibiotics...

#7 ·
Essentially Parvovirus as pre cautionary measure. Else for Bacterial infection Severe Entitus. Today my boy took quite handful of food which was quite reinvigorating for us all. Hopefully he is recovering now.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#10 ·
I'm glad he's feeling better :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.