German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (
-   Health Issues (
-   -   Very Urgent (

Lazawal09 03-08-2014 05:17 AM

Very Urgent
:( All blues. My GSD (2 years 1 Month - All vaccinated None missed at all) Day before yesterday day by night he was fine and yesterday by eve he was bit lethargic although responding to commands, as usual (Which he is doing even today). I immediately took him to Vet. By having a look at my K-9 The vet affirmed that he was fine and was active. Then he passed stool with blood, first one, (Diaehoria) like splash. Immediately the Vet administered following treatment:-
Day-1 Yesterday (1900 hrs)
* Ringer Drip IV (With Following mix 500ml)
-Injection Oflobid
-Injection Neubion (Vitamins)
Injection Flagyl IV
* Day-2 Today (1230 hrs)
-Same as above
-Injection Velosef 500mg
So far the boy is not eating anything!!!
Has vomited 3 times since yesterday (No Blood) once it was all Grass in it.
Passed another bloody stool today.
Future Medication (Will be)
Day-3 (0900hrs)
-As today
1900 hrs repeat Injection Velocef 500 mg Only
Only Inj velocef 500mg twice

*Vet is very experienced boasted "Never ever any K-9 has died in my hands, even almost dead have i revived" (I hope he does not make history on mine)

Guys how is my boy doing?SO far. Is the situation FATALLY ALARMING.

Lazawal09 03-08-2014 05:32 AM

P.S i did give him two pieces of Biscuits with Chocolate chunks on them. Predominantly Chocolate Flavor.

Thewretched 03-08-2014 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by Lazawal09 (Post 5155905)
P.S i did give him two pieces of Biscuits with Chocolate chunks on them. Predominantly Chocolate Flavor.

Was it milk, semi sweet or dark chocolate

Sent from Free App

Thewretched 03-08-2014 07:40 AM

White chocolate: 200 ounces per pound of body weight. It takes 250 pounds of white chocolate to cause signs of poisoning in a 20-pound dog, 125 pounds for a 10-pound dog.
Milk chocolate: 1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 candy bars to poison a 10 pound dog. Semi-sweet chocolate has a similar toxic level.
Sweet cocoa: 0.3 ounces per pound of body weight. One-third of a pound of sweet cocoa is toxic to a 20-pound dog; 1/6 pound for a 10-pound dog.
Baking chocolate: 0.1 ounce per pound body weight. Two one-ounce squares of bakers' chocolate is toxic to a 20-pound dog; one ounce for a 10-pound dog.

Sent from Free App

Lazawal09 03-08-2014 11:15 AM

it was hardly few small sugar grain size chocolate chunks which are sprinkled upon cookies. I am disturbed that he is being treated very aggressively by experts who have spent their lives in GSD Treatment special training from Germany and mny more places but his situation is not improving but going down. He urinated and it smelled of Antibiotics...

my boy diesel 03-08-2014 11:31 AM

do u know what they are treating him for?
giardia or coccidia, or a bacterial infection?

Lazawal09 03-09-2014 05:37 AM

Essentially Parvovirus as pre cautionary measure. Else for Bacterial infection Severe Entitus. Today my boy took quite handful of food which was quite reinvigorating for us all. Hopefully he is recovering now.

Sent from Free App

Lazawal09 03-14-2014 01:54 PM

Its to inform all the K9 Lovers that my boy Junior has recovered finally. Thanx for your care n concern.

Sent from Free App

Lazawal09 03-14-2014 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Junior n me... a long partnership through deserts to Mountains

Sent from Free App

Shade 03-14-2014 01:59 PM

I'm glad he's feeling better :)

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome