Help!! (medical emergency for mice poison!) - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Member
 
Twyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,933
Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
Be sure you know the brand of the poison. Some companies are using a new formula which does not have a treatment for it yet.

Additional info:

Mouse and Rat Poison - Toxicity in Dogs and Cats

Found an earlier link regarding this: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...paign=20130524
Twyla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Airman1stclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 289
We just made it to the emergency room. Its been almost an hour. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're not even sure if he actually ate any, all the pieces he dropped out of his mouth are whole.
Airman1stclass is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Crowned Member
 
misslesleedavis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 4,234
Glad you made it in
misslesleedavis1 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jenkintown,Pa.
Posts: 15,199
i'm thinking after an hour he would be sick. i'm glad you went to the Vet.
where was the mice poison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman1stclass View Post
We just made it to the emergency room. Its been almost an hour. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're not even sure if he actually ate any, all the pieces he dropped out of his mouth are whole.
doggiedad is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Master Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 983
If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.

If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.
Bear L is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Airman1stclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i'm thinking after an hour he would be sick. i'm glad you went to the Vet.
where was the mice poison?
In the corner of the house between the stove and wall. We had forgotten it was there. Good news is they said when he vomited it was only a couple green dots. So there should be no worries
Airman1stclass is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Airman1stclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear L View Post
If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.

If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.
This guy is also about ten pounds. Its a pomeranian. So much energy for such a little dog
Airman1stclass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome