German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (
-   Health Issues (
-   -   Minocycline Question (

lrandf 02-10-2014 01:51 PM

Minocycline Question
My dog is currently on minocycline for his Lyme Disease, Ehrlichia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Should I restrict his exercise while he is on the medication? Is swimming too much for him at this time?

I think monocycline is also used to treat heartworm and exercise restriction is required while on treatment for heartworm but I cannot find much information online about minocycline and tick-born diseases. Please help. :confused:

Baillif 02-10-2014 01:53 PM

Its just a run of the mill antibiotic. Regular activity should be just fine. This is a question better asked to your vet via phone though to verify for sure

lrandf 02-10-2014 02:02 PM

I actually did ask my vet about it. She said no excerise just to be on the safe side but I really wanted to find out more about it as to how much exercise or really absolutely no excerise at all.

gsdsar 02-10-2014 02:03 PM

196 Attachment(s)
There is nothing about the drug Minocycline that would require excersise restriction. Some of the diseases it treats, yes. But not the drug.

Sent from Free App

lrandf 02-10-2014 02:18 PM

Thanks for the information. Nova still acts like a normal puppy, loves to run around the wood and chase the squirrels. I'll limit his swimming time to 15 minutes so it doesn't tire him out.