German Shepherds Forum banner

help please really important

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  mickeyroyalty 
#1 ·
please help anyone who knows how to make pain from possible hip displaysia help my gsd might have it how may i make her more comfortablle allready gave her a pillow and an asprin poor baby is crying sorry i sound so protective she is my first gsd she ais already squeduled for an appointment monday thanx:help:

#3 ·
I wish I could help but I would be scared to give any advice since it is not my dog.

I will hope that others who know what can be done respond and give proper advice.

So sorry to hear that your pooch is hurting.

SuperG

#4 ·
You could try and put a hot water bottle under her pain area make sure it's not so hot it burns her and also make sure she doesn't over heat I'm sorry your girl is in pain I wish I could suggest more to help hope she feels better soon

#5 ·
There is not much you can do until you get to the Vet. I would stop giving aspirin. If the Vet wants to give something better for your pup they can't if she's been on aspirin. The hot water bottles are a good idea.

Other than that wait until she is actually diagnosed with HD before panicking. Keep her calm and quiet. No running or jumping.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#6 ·
Are you in the USA?

It is very important she goes to a VET. If she is in this much pain, she needs to see a VET, they may be able to give her something to help with the pain.

If she her dysplasia is so bad, she may require surgery - I'm sorry to tell you but sometimes surgery is the only option left, it is very expensive might will help your GSD.

In the meantime, while waiting for your VETs appointment, make her comfortable, make sure she has a soft comfortable bed and apply some heat (not too hot, just make sure her hips are warm)

Once you visit your VET, he/she will tell you your options.

It is also always very good to give glucosamine and green lipped muscle products such as Glyde GLYDE® FOR DOGS

Good luck and I hope your poor girl is able to be helped.

#12 ·
when my pup had pano he whined all night long. he just couldnt sleep. his limp was also severe. pano usually starts with the front legs and on the upper bone of the leg. give that a squeeze and if your dog yelps in pain its probably pano. either way your dog needs to go to the vet and get some pain medication.

#16 · (Edited)
Enteric coated ASA can be given to a dog, one tablet instead of two. Use enteric coated product to reduce stomach discomfort. Be sure you tell the Vet that you have given aspirin as they do not like to perform surgery while aspirin is still in effect; it causes bleeding. An X-ray exam will show if she has HD. If she does has HD, contact the breeder. If she is purebred from a professional, the parents hips are OFA certified prior to breeding and the dogs hips are guaranteed. The hips in a GSD are not fully developed until age 2. However, preliminary X-rays will show any malformation. For all GSD people, always buy a dog whose parents have certified hips. Those pups cost a little more, but the surgery costs a fortune. If HD shows up this early it is a bad sign for the dog. The breeder should never breed a dog with any sign of HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.