German Shepherds Forum banner

Sick puppy

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  havery 
#1 ·
Hi my dog is 5months and is occasionally sick, although the past 3/4 days he's has been up through the night being constantly sick, he hasn't eaten anything he's not suppose too, and is still happily eating his food and drinking water, after he is sick he is back to his usual self! Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#3 ·
This happened to Rocco at about that age too (empty stomach for too long). If it's bile (yellow liquid), try feeding him a late snack. It seems to me they are growing much at that age and metabolism is fast. May need to add an extra small meal for a few months. If it's not just bile, I would go to the vet.

#7 ·
Not clear. You mean he throws up his meal? Is he sick 4/5 times after that? Or 4/5 am in the morning hours? If he is throwing up his food every night, take him to the vet. That doesn't seem normal. It may be "what" you're feeding, how much you're feeding, level of activity, anxiety, illness... I don't know... I would go to the vet. It's strange if it only happens at night and it's not from empty stomach.

#6 ·
he needs his meal later or another meal...I agree with everyone who says it if from empty stomach

Lee

#9 ·
Is he only throwing up bile or does he occasionally throw up his food?

My Sofie did that. She would throw up her food and sometimes bile, but was otherwise healthy and spirited. She wasn't gaining weight like she needed to be at that time, but she wasn't loosing either. The simple solution was lots of little meals. I fed her 5 three-quarter cup meals a day as opposed to the 2 one and a half cup meals I was before, and the vomiting cleared up by the second day. I gradually got her to 3 meals a day and she always acts like she's still hungry after each of them, but she's now gaining nicely and very healthy and we have no stomach issues.

If yours is losing weight or something that simple doesn't work within a couple days, a trip to the vet will probably be in order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.