Smelly poop - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Smelly poop

I was searching for this but I only found one thread that's exactly what I am wondering but no one responded to them. My girl is 1 year, she had her bouts with Giardia when I first got her as a puppy, but tested negative finally after several treatments. That was many months ago. However, her poop is REALLY smelly and it makes me concerned although otherwise it is fine, firm logs mostly. The smell was bad when she had giardia, but it hasn't changed since she tested negative and the mushy poop stopped. I'm just wondering if anyone else's healthy dog has very stinky poop or should I be concerned. I switched from Orijen to Acana for less protein thinking maybe she couldn't handle the richness of Orijen, but no change. You can smell it from standing 5 feet away. Anyone???
JMCrowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Dogs' were designed to get live enzymes from the fresh prey that they killed. Their pancreas only produces a certain amount of enzymes (they didn’t need a lot b/c they ate live foods) and if they are not getting the enzymes they need from their prey’s guts and entrails, they have to get it from somewhere to be able to digest, absorb, and assimilate their food PROPERLY. Not having enough enzymes to do this can create mal-digestion and or mal-absorption in some dogs. The dog may end up only partially digesting its food in the stomach, and partially fermenting it in the gut and not absorbing all the nutrients and vitamins in the food. The dry kibble or the canned foods we feed are cooked at high temperatures so they are depleted of their enzymes and are therefore not living foods. This causes the pancreas to over tax itself trying to keep up, which can eventually weaken it allowing toxins to build up in the system. This is a key time for issues like yeast, pancreatitis, epi, diarrhea, bad breath, doggy order, allergies, arthritis, skin issues, stinky poop or even a compromised immune system (to name a few), to take hold. Also a pro biotic for gut health is a good choice.
Try one of these high quality Digestive Enzyme/Pro-Biotics:
Sunday Sundae:
Sunday Sundae Nutritional Supplement
Digest All Plus: The Wholistic Pet

Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.