German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   Does anyone know what could cause this? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/383922-does-anyone-know-what-could-cause.html)

erintaylor1995 12-19-2013 09:37 AM

Does anyone know what could cause this?

1 Attachment(s)
My five month old puppy has this rash on his stomach and it just looks like little red spots. It hasn't been there too long. Sometimes it seems to bother him and sometimes it seems not too. Any ideas? Attachment 151810

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

carmspack 12-19-2013 09:45 AM

looks like a bit of a staph infection , could be from an immune dip - from stress of growing , vaccinations etc.

Vetericyn , or Usnea or Mane N Tail PROTECT anti microbial, anti bacterial should clear it up easily .

SuperG 12-19-2013 10:01 AM

XY chromosome combination would be my guess.

SuperG

MaggieRoseLee 12-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmspack (Post 4696098)
looks like a bit of a staph infection , could be from an immune dip - from stress of growing , vaccinations etc.

Vetericyn , or Usnea or Mane N Tail PROTECT anti microbial, anti bacterial should clear it up easily .

:thumbup: I'd go with carmspack. But if it gets worse then off to the vet :)

Jax08 12-19-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG (Post 4696202)
XY chromosome combination would be my guess.

SuperG

:wild: LOL

Neko 12-19-2013 10:43 AM

get Vetericyn, can be allergy, flea bites, pyderma. hard to tell from the pic

erintaylor1995 12-19-2013 11:20 AM

He doesn't have any fleas but if it gets worse I'll take him to the vet. I couldn't get a good picture cause he wouldn't sit still. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, just didn't know if there was anything I could do

Neko 12-19-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erintaylor1995 (Post 4696570)
He doesn't have any fleas but if it gets worse I'll take him to the vet. I couldn't get a good picture cause he wouldn't sit still. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, just didn't know if there was anything I could do

My pup has no fleas, but they are all over the grass so they jump on, bite, die and fall off. The bite is still itchy. Actually my pups belly looks like that right now and we took him to the vet because we needed to talk about another issue anyway and the vet confirmed that he has no fleas, but the skin really did look like it had flea bites. so we are staying away from the park for a couple of weeks and using veteracin to spray the itchies.

erintaylor1995 12-24-2013 08:38 PM

Will veteracin help?

Neko 12-24-2013 11:37 PM

I use it one every scratch and every bite but it can dry skin a bit after many days of use.
bag balm also helps seal out moisture and great for pads.

I told my vet that we use veteracin and she said that's great and safe. Its just formulated chlorine, but a very safe amount that wont even hurt eyes or mouth and is antibacterial/fungal. is the pup any better past few days?