Scare with Dakota today - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Scare with Dakota today

Today when I woke up I noticed Dakota had a lump on his snout, up high near his eye. He has had chronic sneezing for the past 2-3 years. He sneezes so hard that he hits his face off the ground and causes a bloody nose or bites his tongue. We have talked about it with the vet and best we can come up with is allergies.

So of course, when I see this lump I think "OMG, he has cancer. He has been sneezing a lot and he is older now." So I was freaking out. I felt it and it felt round, but above the bone. Not really like a tumor. I thought it was odd because I didn't see anything the night before. I gave him two allergy pills and did my best to put ice on it. The swelling came down quite quickly and now it is hardly noticeable. So I am PRETTY sure something bit him even though it is awfully cold for there to be bugs. I will still keep an eye on it because I am paranoid.
Weegee Toy Poodle- 2 years old
vicky2200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

quite a scare.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Indie often has small lumps/bumps on her snout. I worried quite a bit at first then realized they were very likely from puncture wounds from her messing with 3 cats that all have their claws. The cats aren't really afraid of her and I see them claw to snout many times each day. Wonder if it was a spider bite? Last time I was bitten by a spider, I never even felt it crawl on my thigh - just incredible itching all of a sudden and a huge lump/welt. It's possible if he was in a deep sleep, it could have crawled on him without him waking up. Just a thought.
Charlie (meow) 2000-
Puma (meow) 2010-
Nitro (meow) 2010-
igottabecrazy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I am thinking it probably was a spider bite. Daisy once got bit and her whole face blew up. The vet said they can get bit anywhere and another location could swell. He is definitely the type of dog who wouldn't notice a spider on him, regardless of if he were awake or asleep. I am feeling better now because it hasn't swelled up again.
Weegee Toy Poodle- 2 years old
vicky2200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.