German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Health Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/)
-   -   Do you like Dr. Foster and Smith? If so I bought some Omega-3s from them for my dog's (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/375841-do-you-like-dr-foster-smith-if-so-i-bought-some-omega-3s-them-my-dogs.html)

germanshepherd07 12-04-2013 08:35 AM

Do you like Dr. Foster and Smith? If so I bought some Omega-3s from them for my dog's

skin condition. The vet recommended some omega-3s to be added to her diet. I got the soft chews.

I also got Dasuquin for her joints.

Only question is would it be okay if I could give her the Dasuquin along with one of the dosage of omega-3s she gets? She weigh 80 pounds so she gets two Omega-3 soft chews twice a day.

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO 12-04-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanshepherd07 (Post 4609665)
skin condition. The vet recommended some omega-3s to be added to her diet. I got the soft chews.

I also got Dasuquin for her joints.

Only question is would it be okay if I could give her the Dasuquin along with one of the dosage of omega-3s she gets? She weigh 80 pounds so she gets two Omega-3 soft chews twice a day.

I love Drs. Foster and Smith - great company! Yes you can give the Dasuquin and the Omega- 3s together. Curious though, how much DHA and EPA is actually in the dosage of chews? You want at least 20mg/lb of EPA so 1600 mg EPA/day (not total omega or EFA, but EPA), at least. But with a skin condition you might want to add even more.

Gretchen 12-04-2013 12:43 PM

Yes, I've been happy with the products and prices of things like doggie bed and leash and a few other things.

We use different products for omega 3 - Nordic Naturals (because I want to support a local business).

Kaimeju 12-04-2013 02:42 PM

I really like the company. Their dog beds are outstanding. Their customer service is pretty good too- I bet if you wrote them you could get a quick response to your question.

jessjeric 12-04-2013 04:28 PM

I love Drs. Foster & Smith! From my experience, their items are good quality & relatively inexpensive. Everything I've ordered from them in the past is always shipped & delivered quickly. I also like the free shipping on orders $49+. I can get a bag of dog food and add on some treats (Veda loves the dried sweet potato snacks) and have it delivered for free.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lkcheertex 12-04-2013 04:34 PM

My vet recommended them and we order all our preventatives and some other stuff from them.

huntergreen 12-05-2013 07:59 PM

is there stuff certified ? i worry about tainted products from overseas. tks all

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO 12-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 4619785)
is there stuff certified ? i worry about tainted products from overseas. tks all

They sell the same products, from the same manufacturer that you buy from the vet. Very reputable company.

Loneforce 12-05-2013 08:50 PM

I have been dealing with them for over 14 years. They are a top notch company. I buy my cosiquin off them all the time. They have great sales on it and other stuff with free shipping over 49.00.

huntergreen 12-05-2013 11:26 PM

thank you all